Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my first service done and the dealer gave me the schedule and estimated costs for future service. I almost fell over. One of the service costs ( about 48,000 km ) was around $750. I have never seen costs this high for regular service before . This is not a spark plug change. Was wondering if my dealer is adding things ( sems to be a lot of "inspections") over and above what is necessary to satisfy warranty requirements.
This is a Canadian car and dealer is Hyatt \infiniti in Calgary. Regular service is 8000km.
Anybody else seeing these costs??

·
Registered
209 Posts
did my oil change a few days ago. dealership charged me 119 before taxes. they also told be that the service for the Q50 is every 6000km, and i found that to be a bit low, and considering the cost, the service department also mentioned that the next service is going to be a big service with tire rotations, oil change, vehicle inspection and all this stuff, but they didnt tell me a price on it though

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just had my first service done and the dealer gave me the schedule and estimated costs for future service. I almost fell over. One of the service costs ( about 48,000 km ) was around $750. I have never seen costs this high for regular service before . This is not a spark plug change. Was wondering if my dealer is adding things ( sems to be a lot of "inspections") over and above what is necessary to satisfy warranty requirements.
This is a Canadian car and dealer is Hyatt \infiniti in Calgary. Regular service is 8000km.
did my oil change a few days ago. dealership charged me 119 before taxes. they also told be that the service for the Q50 is every 6000km, and i found that to be a bit low, and considering the cost, the service department also mentioned that the next service is going to be a big service with tire rotations, oil change, vehicle inspection and all this stuff, but they didnt tell me a price on it though
Stealerships! Outside of basic oil changes and tire rotation I wouldn't follow their service schedules. Look at the Maintenence schedule and use your head on what you want done. Skip all the stuff that isn't necessary.

Reactions: hunter81 and cvipgo

·
Registered
164 Posts
for hybrid or gasser?

$119 for oil change is robbery, even if synthetic oil used (regular oil recommended for Q50 so they probably gave you that)

·
Registered
585 Posts
for hybrid or gasser?

$119 for oil change is robbery, even with synthetic oil
Remember, he is in Canada (Calgary). I agree that price is high for the States, but it may be normal up there.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I'm guessing that the very costly service was the same as the usual 30,000 mile service in the maintenance schedule. In order for the warranty to stay in force, you have to show that you have taken care of the required maintenance. When I had to do that with my G, the service at the Infiniti dealer was way more than what the local Nissan dealer would do it. I went to the Infiniti dealership, and showed them what I was quoted for the required services at the Nissan dealership. They agreed to do the required services for the same amount. It saved me more than $200. And yes, I underlined "required" because it sounds like your dealership was adding things. Good luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I m in montreal

Don't let them, read your manual and do the minimum. So you won't have any problem if you need to apply the warranty. I have always done that with my cars, first appointment, tell them in a very polite way that you will just do what the manual say. I add that i don't keep the car for long time, so i don't care if the next owner will have a healthy car in 10 years because i have done overmaintenance on my car.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
which dealership are you with, autowest in richmond or morrey coquitlam

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ya I'm seeing those costs, I'm getting serviced at the same stealership as you. I checked with a couple nissan dealerships as well, its the same price. I did call around for a few estimates on work just to compare and so far 90% of the time people think the Q50 is a SUV so I'm going to stick with the dealership for now.

What color is your Q50 and what part of the city? I'm in the Northwest with an Aspen pearl and a black gloss supreme wrap roof.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Just did my first service. My wallet is now $68.00 lighter.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You already have 6,000 miles on your car? Isn't the first oil change suppose to be complimentary?
I guess this depends on the dealer. Mine was, but the previous post leads me to believe not all were.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Most of the maintenance that they suggest on that schedule is not required to maintain the warranty. In fact, some of the inspections they list (and charge for) are redundant or are already included in your free multi-point inspection. I don't change my own oil anymore because there is always some coupon in the dealership app for a ~$35 oil change.

I prefer to do the maintenance as needed and the inspections generally take care of finding those things. Anytime they suggest something major, I'll take it to an independent mechanic, as well as another dealership, to confirm the issue and for competitive pricing analysis.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.