Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold the Q50 to Vroom for more than what I paid for it 6 months ago. The Q was a good car and it fit my needs for what I needed out of a car. Got me to work, kept me safe, and was pretty fast in doing so after a couple mods. For me, there was no WOW factor with this car. It was mediocre at everything it did; speed, looks, cornering, feel, interior luxuries, features, I could go on... I got a good deal on it before the used market ran up so I figured why not.

Do I regret the Q? No. I learned that it is a great car for a tuning community providing you have the 3.0t. As an everyday car, it's middle of the road. Because my commute is 100/day, I jumped in a '22 Accord Touring Hybrid. While I've only driven it less than 500 miles so far, I can say if it had the same motor/power delivery as the Q, I would pick the Accord all day. The Accord's looks grew on me as the last couple years went by. While it's FWD (I know, I hate it too), it still has the sloping roofline you are now starting to see on other sedans (Stinger, Sonata, K5, A5, A7, Panamera, etc). No, I'm not saying it looks just like the sedans/hatchbacks I stated, but it definitely is taking some characteristics and making it their own.

I'm either a power freak or a hypermiler, maybe both. Practicality wise, the Accord made the most sense. IMO, it's the best looking hybrid south of $50k. I couldn't pull the trigger on a Telsa just yet as I'm weary about range anxiety and going full electric with my commute. Maybe as the wife's car as she works from home indefinitely so a Model Y would be interesting.

I enjoyed the forum community but the Facebook community brought me some laughter. Different crowd I guess lol I'll peak back here every once in awhile but moving on.

Cheers

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Reactions: Londorh

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,183 Posts
If you like the Accord it's fine!

I love my Q for design, RWD, power, quality etc. and would never compare it to a FWD Honda...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Sold the Q50 to Vroom for more than what I paid for it 6 months ago. The Q was a good car and it fit my needs for what I needed out of a car. Got me to work, kept me safe, and was pretty fast in doing so after a couple mods. For me, there was no WOW factor with this car. It was mediocre at everything it did; speed, looks, cornering, feel, interior luxuries, features, I could go on... I got a good deal on it before the used market ran up so I figured why not.

Do I regret the Q? No. I learned that it is a great car for a tuning community providing you have the 3.0t. As an everyday car, it's middle of the road. Because my commute is 100/day, I jumped in a '22 Accord Touring Hybrid. While I've only driven it less than 500 miles so far, I can say if it had the same motor/power delivery as the Q, I would pick the Accord all day. The Accord's looks grew on me as the last couple years went by. While it's FWD (I know, I hate it too), it still has the sloping roofline you are now starting to see on other sedans (Stinger, Sonata, K5, A5, A7, Panamera, etc). No, I'm not saying it looks just like the sedans/hatchbacks I stated, but it definitely is taking some characteristics and making it their own.

I'm either a power freak or a hypermiler, maybe both. Practicality wise, the Accord made the most sense. IMO, it's the best looking hybrid south of $50k. I couldn't pull the trigger on a Telsa just yet as I'm weary about range anxiety and going full electric with my commute. Maybe as the wife's car as she works from home indefinitely so a Model Y would be interesting.

I enjoyed the forum community but the Facebook community brought me some laughter. Different crowd I guess lol I'll peak back here every once in awhile but moving on.

Cheers

View attachment 105669
To each their own. Good luck and I hope the Accord can bring you more joy! Honestly, I’m surprised you didn’t do another Stinger, despite the crazy market, knowing how much you liked that car.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
352 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, you gotta know your priorities. With covid I don't really commute much so I jumped in the Q50 for the performance capabilities. The 2017 Lincoln MKZ I came from was a whole lot nicer on the the inside with better tech but it started to have fits once I got in running [email protected] in the quarter. I can throw a lot more power at the Q.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Almost feels like I’m the only one on here that got one because it’s a Skyline that I can afford lmao

·
Registered
Gulfport, Mississippi
219 Posts
Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you like the Accord it's fine!

I love my Q for design, RWD, power, quality etc. and would never compare it to a FWD Honda...
The only aspects I can't compare them with are the power and driving characteristics. Hybrids drive a lot differently than other cars. And I'll have to disagree on the design piece, it does look better, almost from every angle. One irk I have is the lack of LED turn signals in the rear.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

To each their own. Good luck and I hope the Accord can bring you more joy! Honestly, I’m surprised you didn’t do another Stinger, despite the crazy market, knowing how much you liked that car.
I thought about it for a bit but I wouldn't daily the Stinger, too special to get salt and crap on it. I'm putting some money into the house and I can put more into it without three car payments.
Congrats on the new ride, you gotta know your priorities. With covid I don't really commute much so I jumped in the Q50 for the performance capabilities. The 2017 Lincoln MKZ I came from was a whole lot nicer on the the inside with better tech but it started to have fits once I got in running [email protected] in the quarter. I can throw a lot more power at the Q.
The Q has a good power plant. You should have gotten with me and I would've told you to go the Stinger route lol The community is well inside 10s in the 1/4.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
352 Posts
I shopped the Stingers and went with the Q in the end because of availability of aftermarket parts. Also the fact that some dealers are cool with mods was another huge plus as Hyundai seem to hassle people at times. My local dealer installed a third of my parts and is aware enough to ask me if I am currently tuned before flashing new ECU software. The service manager even made a post on our local group welcoming people to come in to get their aftermarket parts installed. I was getting tired of returning cars to stock for warranty stuff so this was key to me.
The Q has a good power plant. You should have gotten with me and I would've told you to go the Stinger route lol The community is well inside 10s in the 1/4.

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shopped the Stingers and went with the Q in the end because of availability of aftermarket parts. Also the fact that some dealers are cool with mods was another huge plus as Hyundai seem to hassle people at times. My local dealer installed a third of my parts and is aware enough to ask me if I am currently tuned before flashing new ECU software. The service manager even made a post on our local group welcoming people to come in to get their aftermarket parts installed. I was getting tired of returning cars to stock for warranty stuff so this was key to me.
Having the warranty is a big piece of mind for me hence why I only do minimal mods, if anything, to cars. That's pretty nice your dealer is allowing that. I wouldn't trust them unless I have written documentation stating the aftermarket mods will not void the warranty. They wouldn't do that in a million years, but I'd ask regardless.

KIA dealers left much to be desired. Probably the worst CSE I've been through at a dealership besides when I bought it. I'm sure this isn't the case for others but the ones around my neck of the woods are low-grade.

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
206 Posts
The only aspects I can't compare them with are the power and driving characteristics. Hybrids drive a lot differently than other cars. And I'll have to disagree on the design piece, it does look better, almost from every angle. One irk I have is the lack of LED turn signals in the rear.
View attachment 105673

I thought about it for a bit but I wouldn't daily the Stinger, too special to get salt and crap on it. I'm putting some money into the house and I can put more into it without three car payments.

@DailyQ50 actually just broke the Q50 1/4 mile record a couple hours ago with a 9.91 with no prep on a cold street, making that the third(4th?) Q in the 9s

It seems like there are way less turbo options and the options there are are far more expensive than the Q options. Wonder what the real potential of a Stinger is, seeing as there isn't much aftermarket support?

Reactions: DailyQ50

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
352 Posts
Just saw his car earlier at a meetup, it's a beast!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

@DailyQ50 actually just broke the Q50 1/4 mile record a couple hours ago with a 9.91 with no prep on a cold street, making that the third(4th?) Q in the 9s

It seems like there are way less turbo options and the options there are are far more expensive than the Q options. Wonder what the real potential of a Stinger is, seeing as there isn't much aftermarket support?

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,183 Posts
And I'll have to disagree on the design piece, it does look better, almost from every angle.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle
For me picture and text kind of contradict each other...

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I've owned three Accords. A '95, '00 and '04. Most reliable and efficient cars I've owned. But kinda boring. I'm just so done with FWD.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
665 Posts
After getting my wife into a 2016 Pilot, I am finding that there is "forum" consensus that the reliability is no longer elite on many of their models. I had a minor issue with the transmission that required a re-tune and pre-mature fluid change. Not a big deal and done under warranty. The general gist of the discontented there relates to the new turbo engines, the VCM technology in newer V-6 models (cylinder deactivation) and challenges with interior tech. My Pilot has given me no reason to complain so I am still open to the possibility that Honda's reliability will still be great.

It was mediocre at everything it did; speed, looks, cornering, feel, interior luxuries, features, I could go on...
Don't disagree with anything in this statement except for "speed". Not sure how you can refer to a 3.0t as mediocre in this category unless you keep the stock boost. That said, think you went with the definition of mediocre by choosing the Accord. Nothing wrong with that but seems an odd remedy for boredom with the Q.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For me picture and text kind of contradict each other...
That was disagreeing with you about the Q looking better.
He also thought his Stinger looked better. There's no accounting for taste.
We're all fanboys here, and I'm a hella fanboy for the Stinger lol no question, better looking from every angle than the Q.
I've owned three Accords. A '95, '00 and '04. Most reliable and efficient cars I've owned. But kinda boring. I'm just so done with FWD.
I've only have 3 FWD cars. I'm not the biggest fan but an AWD hybrid doesn't make sense. I priced a Mach-E GT and was ready to buy but my conscious got the better of me for a $70k Ford. I look at it a couple different ways; performance needs to be RWD or AWD. Anything else can be FWD and AWD. I live in Ohio so I have to account for winters. I've had a daily RWD and I won't be going back to that.
After getting my wife into a 2016 Pilot, I am finding that there is "forum" consensus that the reliability is no longer elite on many of their models. I had a minor issue with the transmission that required a re-tune and pre-mature fluid change. Not a big deal and done under warranty. The general gist of the discontented there relates to the new turbo engines, the VCM technology in newer V-6 models (cylinder deactivation) and challenges with interior tech. My Pilot has given me no reason to complain so I am still open to the possibility that Honda's reliability will still be great.

Don't disagree with anything in this statement except for "speed". Not sure how you can refer to a 3.0t as mediocre in this category unless you keep the stock boost. That said, think you went with the definition of mediocre by choosing the Accord. Nothing wrong with that but seems an odd remedy for boredom with the Q.
I wanted to stay away from turbo cars especially thinking about times where they are outside of warranty. It's another mechanical part that can go wrong (as it did in my previous Malibu).

The speed part is mediocre unless you put $10k into the Q. Remember, I've had Vette's and in my life so out of the box I was running 12.5s. My Q wouldn't break 14 stock. Performance sedans nowadays need to show a sub 13 sec 1/4 to have anything going for it. We all know the Q is outdated and needs a serious revision/facelift to compete. For reference, a 4 banger A5 will do a 1/4 quicker than a 3.0t Q; not a good look for Infiniti.

I'd agree to some extent that the Accord is middle of the road minus the hybrid version which is why I went with it. It's a game for me. I can squeeze out as many MPGs as I can while driving. There's techniques, driving styles, etc. that go into it. Is it more fun than my Stinger? Absolutely not. Is it more fun and feature-friendly than my Q? Absolutely!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on your new Accord. No need to justify why you decided to move on from the Q. Most people here enjoy the Q's styling, potential, and performance. You like what you like. Enjoy.
No justifying, just sharing my experience.

·
Registered
505 Posts
While I don't think it's looks have anything on a Q, I will concede that I've always thought the Accord was a handsome car and IMO, the newest one is by far the best looking one yet.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts