Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Infiniti Q50 Lux 3.0t lease with navigation and beige leather seats in beautiful Almond Mocha Metallic color having only less than 17,000 miles in excellent mechanical and body condition is about to expire in 6 months.
According to Kelly Blue book my current value of my car exceed the loan amount by around $2,000 if not more since the same dealership is selling the same type of car with less features( darker charcoal leather seat, and dark exterior color) is selling for a lot more.

I am wondering if its worth buying my own lease since the payoff balance will be equal to some of the lower model of New Nissan vehicles such as Altima S with APR 2.9%.
I like my car in every way specially the performance but on the other hand I can own a new car regardless of the features since I don't drive much.
Another point to consider, is that my insurance will be lower on a new car .

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,008 Posts
Like always: depends on! I did that because I like the car, am the one and only owner and tuned it the way I like! Price was good and – like yours – would have been more expensive if I'd bought it used.

Low mileage, excellent condition, good price? Do it!

(Just my 0,02 USD...)

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,166 Posts
I would rather have your used Infiniti than a new Altima with a continuously variable transmission (that's just me). That's if I'm understanding your post correctly.

If you don't drive much, why would you want to buy a new car and eat all that depreciation again, like you have just done on the Infiniti with the three years of lease payments?

Used car prices have climbed because of the scarcity of new vehicles (electronic chip shortage), so I suspect that is why your Infiniti is now worth more than the residual value that was calculated three years ago when the lease was written.

Me, I vote for buying your lease.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Buying a new car to lose a bunch of money on deprecation doesn't sound good to me. Going from a RWD biased car to FWD biased car would be a huge downgrade. I wouldn't think insurance would be that much cheaper on the Altima but insurance varies quite a lot.

Your 2018 Q has suffered a lot of depreciation already but it should start leveling off soon. I would vote to buy your leased car for a couple of years. It won't lose much value and you can always mod it if you get the itch for more power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would rather have your used Infiniti than a new Altima with a continuously variable transmission (that's just me). That's if I'm understanding your post correctly.

If you don't drive much, why would you want to buy a new car and eat all that depreciation again, like you have just done on the Infiniti with the three years of lease payments?

Used car prices have climbed because of the scarcity of new vehicles (electronic chip shortage), so I suspect that is why your Infiniti is now worth more than the residual value that was calculated three years ago when the lease was written.

Me, I vote for buying your lease.
good points. Thank you

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Buy it. The depreciation has been taken. I'm sure the car will give you many more years of good service. The Altima is a fine car but definitely a step down. CVT? FWD? Yuck.

Reactions: Pillboy and DeeCee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, I am already spoiled in a high performance vehicle and can't see my self driving a car like Altima. Plus my own experience with having had to purchase a brand new Altima in 2010 which I ended up spending over $400.00 in less than 3 years is not impressive. Thinking about CVT and it's performance with unpleasant sound of it already make me depressed.!
I had to replace radiator hose under the engine with few other items. So Altima is not a very reliable solid vehicle.
I think as you and few other suggested, I will keep my Infiniti since I have been very pleased overall with such a comfort with high performance with having the most attractive exterior color and beautiful beige leather seats is the best deal. Not to mention the ambient lights in and outside the car with moonroof.
Thank you for comments.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Glad you are going to keep it, I love my Infiniti. I wish they would step up though and come out with a redesigned modern version of the G37 keeping the same look of the old one, maybe beef up the VQ with some modern flare, I loved my G37.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your respond.
I had previously owned a new Q40 ( the last and newer version of Infiniti, G37) in 2015 with navigation which was awesome. In comparison to this Q50 Lux, the Q40 navigation did not have infinity touch and search with remote start, seats although was indeed in beautiful leather with stiches in light gray but not as comfortable as my Q50. Also the ride was not as smooth or less noisy as Q50 but much more excitement. Of course the gas mileage of Q40 was indeed very low.
I sometime miss that one and wonder that maybe I should have kept it since it had everything including moonroof in excellent condition and around 16,000 miles in 2018.
The Infiniti dealer grabbed it so fast and in return they gave me an excellent deal with having to find the Almond Mocha color in San Jose, California and brought it free of charge to Los Angeles.
I agree with you that Infiniti need to come out with a complete new redesigned Q50. This one is outdated.!

·
Registered
2020 Q50 RS AWD
6 Posts
Glad you are going to keep it, I love my Infiniti. I wish they would step up though and come out with a redesigned modern version of the G37 keeping the same look of the old one, maybe beef up the VQ with some modern flare, I loved my G37.
Another G37 lover here! I drive a Q50RS now but miss the G.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm glad OP kept his car, mainly cause 2.9% APR on a new car is an insult. I financed a used 2017 for lower APR than that.

Additionally, leases are never a good idea and this option only exists to fool gullible people in to vehicles and/or those who like throwing money away. The dealership will NEVER give you a deal where they aren't making money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts