Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That makes a huge difference, if I had reasonable access to a quality independent, I would be driving that AMG !
Yup, and their main guy was cool and easy to talk with. When I was introduced to him, I sensed no arrogance or any hint of being a smart ass.

BTW - just learning more and more about that C43. Top speed is 130mph. What a shame for a quick car lol. Not that it can't be removed by a tune. I don't spend much of my driving >100mph anyways.

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar XE, had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,599 Posts
As I was saying to q50adix I'm getting used to having the mirrors fold in, heated and cooled seats and the trunk that lifts and closes remotely.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I drove a 2017 340I M-Performance (full package) recently - it's definitely a great car, compares to my Q50 in many ways. However, things to point out - no blind spot monitor, no forward distance sensors, no 360 degree camera, no forward collision avoidance, no lane keeping tech, no power steering wheel adjustment, felt like I was driving a 2012 car as far as tech goes. The dealer told me that the M-Performance models didn't come with those features. Audio system sounded similar to the Bose in my car, maybe a tad better. I would say that the overall performance side of the car was more enjoyable for me (louder, burbling exhaust, shifts were super smooth and responsive). However quick it was, I can't say it feels faster than my RS400. I also can't justify the price difference - the beamer was CPO, same amount of mileage as my Q when I bought it last year, $15k CAD more than my car. I could do a hundred different things to my car with 15k that would have my RS spanking the life out of that 340 and its mother. But boy, it was a joy to drive. Sorry if that was a mess, these are just the more prominent things I took note of.
Just an Fyi 2017 had no M performance 3 Series like the current version. The G20 (Current M340i) is a different beast of a car and definitely faster than the Red Sport. I turned in my Red Sport and am currently in process of ordering one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just an Fyi 2017 had no M performance 3 Series like the current version. The G20 (Current M340i) is a different beast of a car and definitely faster than the Red Sport. I turned in my Red Sport and am currently in process of ordering one.
I don't know much about BMW's line, but I ran a M340 recently from a 30 roll and also a stop light, just a random mutual gooning with a stranger. I thought the M### cars were appearance packages only, and the M3/M4 were the fast ones, but this one stayed door to door with me through 60. I gapped him by a bus or so by 100. I have to pedal it through 60, but the M340 was surprisingly quick, especially since I was expecting rental car speeds from the guy and wondering why he wanted to race me. I guess they're kind of trickling down the M tech to the triple number lines of cars or something.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
$64k new and now in the mid $30's - steep depreciation on a car which you would think could hold more of its' value given the numbered/limited edition status.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So I test drove a Camaro SS 1LE per my friend's suggestion and I felt at home right away. There's so many things I don't like on a Camaro but all those were thrown out the window after driving one with 1LE pkg. My Q drove like crap on my way home lol But the SS is not stupid fast on straight, just enough to take the Q RS to gapplebees.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Reactions: q50adix

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
That is a lovely color blue...

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am a JDM car guy through and through.

The only 3 cars I would probably own in the Q50's price range (+/- 10Kish) that isn't Japanese is:
BMW M2 Comp
Audi S4
Mustang GT350

But I would probably get any of these Japanese cars before those:
Subaru STI
Civic Type R
Wait for the new Nissan Z.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,825 Posts
Audi RS3. :nod:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Audi RS3. :nod:
Definitely like the RS3 too. Its not on my short-list because I know the new RS3 is not out yet and I'm holding on to opinions till its out.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,825 Posts
Definitely like the RS3 too. Its not on my short-list because I know the new RS3 is not out yet and I'm holding on to opinions till its out.
I love the concept of a small(er) car with a powerful engine. As long as it is a 4 door sedan and I can fit in it, the smaller the better. The more HP the engine has, the better. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love the concept of a small(er) car with a powerful engine. As long as it is a 4 door sedan and I can fit in it, the smaller the better. The more HP the engine has, the better. :)
Everything ends up being smaller in those cars. The seats, the leg room, head room, etc etc. Personally, I wouldn't get a smaller car than my Q50. Or maybe I need to get smaller? 😶

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar XE, had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,599 Posts
I drove one, my shoulder was hitting the window, just a little tight, it does move.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,135 Posts
Used r8, GT-R, or new C8 were on my list.

I ended up putting a boat load of $ into my Q50 since I was into it for so much already and could not recover any of it in a trade in.

Hopefully that works out for me. The US needs to make a hot sleeper kinda like the old SHO's. The Probe was another ignored good platform.

Not everyone wants a race car that looks like a race car. The hot Jeep is an example of a hot car that doesn't look like it is a go fast car.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts