Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Show Me Your Tints!!!

281K views 323 replies 136 participants last post by  OU812MACH1 
#1 ·
Wanted to start a thread with pics of tinted Q50s so people would get an idea how our Q50s would look like in different percentages of tints so pls show them off!

Pls include tint percentage and brand if possible!

I'll try and contribute as soon as I get my tints done! :D

Update 08-29-2013:

Johnson Renegade 35% all around and 20% top 4" of the front windshiled!

See less See more
#4 ·
Haha! I would actually be relieved since most of us are guys here and this thread will be filled with man boobs if the thread was what you thought it was! Wahahaha! :D

What material and percentage are you going to tint your?
Johnson 40% front then 35% the rest! Getting it done tom but might change my mind once I see the actual tint! Was supposed to go with suntek cxp but didnt want to pay $350!

#3 ·
What material and percentage are you going to tint your?

Wanted to start a thread with pics of tinted Q50s so people would get an idea how our Q50s would look like in different percentages of tints so pls show them off!

#7 ·
Here you go, I just took this. It's a close up and you can see what it looks like on a sunny day. It's 3M FX I think, 30%. It's the cheaper stuff (although it wasn't cheap) as I am leasing as well.

Attachments

#8 ·

I'm still getting a good chuckle at the title! There is nothing better than nice tints! I'm looking forward to seeing those tints! WoW us!

#9 ·
Surely everyone loves nice tints! Especially when done right! I can stare at huge tints all day! :p

Reactions: Lunch
#11 ·
Sure! I'll PM you!

#12 ·
A bit annoyed by my tint guys! They places a small "ad" inside the film on the driver's side window (on the bottom). Pretty sure I should get it for free if I'm advertising for them! I'm just saying!

#13 ·
Wow! Any pics of it?

Reactions: chicagokevo
#19 ·
Wow! I would be ticked off and quite annoyed if I had something like that! I dont want to be a walking(driving?) ad for them!

Reactions: Infiniti Chick
#23 ·
Updated OP with Oreo's new tints! :D

Reactions: Infiniti Chick
#25 ·
#30 ·
Thanks man! Hmmm...i think it depends on the interior though! If I had wheat or stone, I could probably go darker!

35% in front may not pass CHP scrutiny but can get away with it.
Yea, that's what I am weary about but it doesnt look this dark actually outside! I think the pic kinda shows more of a 25% tint!

Reactions: IRadi8
#31 ·
Wow I'm really liking the look of that LLumar CTX. Currently debating between CTX, Huper Optik, F1 Pinnacle, and Madico Wincos. I've never had a car tinted before and feel overwhelmed with all the choices! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone in the Dallas area have a recommended tint shop?

#32 ·
I had F1 Pinnacle on my M37 before this car. It was nice. I think it had some reception issues, but I'm not sure. Atlanta has funky AT&T service. But, I have not had any issues in this car yet. The shop told me to get the Llumar CTX since it was a lease. There is only a 10% difference in heat blocking between the Llumar and Pinnacle.

#37 ·
Ouch! $700 for tints? Thats crazy! I was already reluctant enough spending $350 for suntek cxps!

#40 ·
#46 ·
35% Suntek CXP and 20% on the sunroof. It's to light for my taste but it's the legal limit in NC.

#56 ·
Here is mine. 35% 3M Color Stable Film on all windows except windshield. My phone camera pics didn't come out too well.

#57 ·
Looking good man! Can I get a full side profile pic with the camera kinda level to the door handles! Wheels kinda look nice in this pic!

Reactions: CarolinaQ50
#59 ·
Thanks man. I'll snap a few more pics tomorrow with my camera.

Reactions: gbert15
#61 ·
Looking very nice!!:D
And what's up with all these clean A garages?? I'd have to close my garage door and seal it off before I could take a pic!!!:(

Reactions: Kof
#63 ·
Maybe he cleaned it up before taking a pic? :p

Not a chance. I thought I wouldn't care for them at first but I have grown to really like them. They can be a nuisance to keep clean but Meguiars Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier helps a lot.
Awww man! And I was about to offer you these gorgeous g35 oem 18s:

That I painted flat black up front and gloss black w/ red stripe at the back!

:D

The wheels actually remind me of the 350z wheels but not sure about the chrome! It also looks weird on some angles but most wheels are seen on its side thats why I asked for a pic! So thank you for the pic in advance! :D

Reactions: CarolinaQ50
#69 ·
The Graphite Shadow is a nice color. It looks great with the regular sport wheels since the grey in those matches up quite well with it.

#71 ·
I have never seen the Solar Gard but I am happy with the 3M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.