Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
The damage has gotten worse over the past few days after 500 miles of driving... I can see the circular indentation in the hood liner due to the top of the OCC.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The damage has gotten worse over the past few days after 500 miles of driving... I can see the circular indentation in the hood liner due to the top of the OCC.

View attachment 91136
View attachment 91137
That can is definitely sitting too high. I guess I'm glad I went with the Mishimoto kit. Their bracket is more stout and sits lower well clear of the liner.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

View attachment 91136
View attachment 91137

I basically haven't driven my 50 in a few weeks because of this. The one time I drove it after I knew about this problem, I put a shop rag folded in 4ths on top of the catch can.

I don't understand, we aren't the first people to buy these. Didn't Add-W1 know about this sooner from other customers? Better yet, did they not use a real Q50 for R&D??? That was the time to discover the clearance issue and fix it before the brackets were manufactured/sold!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't understand, we aren't the first people to buy these. Didn't Add-W1 know about this sooner from other customers? Better yet, did they not use a real Q50 for R&D??? That was the time to discover the clearance issue and fix it before the brackets were manufactured/sold!
Yeah I am surprised this did not come up sooner and was resolved. Aside from the bracket the can itself seems well made/designed. Unless no one else noticed the indention on the liner, but I would find it hard to believe no one did until recently.

I actually left mine on with the wider bracket they sent me and just took off my engine cover so its not rubbing, obviously you cannot do that with the hood liner.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yeah I am surprised this did not come up sooner and was resolved. Aside from the bracket the can itself seems well made/designed. Unless no one else noticed the indention on the liner, but I would find it hard to believe no one did until recently.

I actually left mine on with the wider bracket they sent me and just took off my engine cover so its not rubbing, obviously you cannot do that with the hood liner.
You could take off the hood liner if so inclined. I took my Maxima's off when I added a MK IV Supra hood scoop.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
I basically haven't driven my 50 in a few weeks because of this. The one time I drove it after I knew about this problem, I put a shop rag folded in 4ths on top of the catch can.

I asked the same question earlier in this thread. How can you designed a product like that without fit-testing it before putting it on the market?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Finally got a picture of mine.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Received this at 12:04am Pacific Time. It's 3:05 PT right now.

Hi <ptatohed>,

Thank you for contacting us. We are still waiting and should have in about 2 weeks.

Thank you,
Jack

2 more weeks?????????? Meanwhile, I am not driving my car! :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
Losing faith in ADD W1.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry, can't help but notice this cable (jb4?). Just a friendly suggestion - i think running it at the back of the hood ledge cover would make a cleaner look. It'll just add ~1min for install/removal.

View attachment 91265
Haha yeah thats where I normally run it, but I took it off last month for a snowy drive up north (not needed for 8in of snow). Last weekend we finally had nice weather so I lazily put it on for some enhanced country driving with the intention of taking it back off because I was going to get my belt replaced at the dealer a few days later.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They said 2 weeks, a week ago for me, this is starting to get ridiculous. We paid for a final product, not beta testing one.
I'm slacking and still havent contacted them, but I will report back with their answer when I do.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I'm slacking and still havent contacted them, but I will report back with their answer when I do.
Please do contact them, and with pics please. TY.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Haha yeah thats where I normally run it, but I took it off last month for a snowy drive up north (not needed for 8in of snow). Last weekend we finally had nice weather so I lazily put it on for some enhanced country driving with the intention of taking it back off because I was going to get my belt replaced at the dealer a few days later.
Cool. And hopefully that wire that goes to obd isn't getting pinched lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cool. And hopefully that wire that goes to obd isn't getting pinched lol.
Yeah I actually have some 4mm non-slit vinyl tube that I'm going to slip over it because I run the OBD wire through the door and that should protect it through the panel pass through areas. I also have some edge biter clips that I'm going to use to fix the OBD wire to the CPM plastic so it doesn't hang.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Yeah I actually have some 4mm non-slit vinyl tube that I'm going to slip over it because I run the OBD wire through the door and that should protect it through the panel pass through areas. I also have some edge biter clips that I'm going to use to fix the OBD wire to the CPM plastic so it doesn't hang.
That's probably an elegant way to do it. I only used painter's tape 😅

·
Registered
89 Posts
So I contacted ADD W1 again and I am still receiving the recycled "another 1-2 weeks" response. Not sure what I want to do at this point, because it seems like nothing is being done.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I wonder if it's feasible to have the bracket cut, about 1/2 or 1 inch removed, then re-welded back together...?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I wonder if it's feasible to have the bracket cut, about 1/2 or 1 inch removed, then re-welded back together...?
That would fix it.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts