Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wonder if it's feasible to have the bracket cut, about 1/2 or 1 inch removed, then re-welded back together...?
Yeah, I can have this done but the point is I paid for a finished product either its fixed in a reasonable amount of time or I should be compensated for a half finished product. Not to mention the damage to the hood liner.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah, I can have this done but the point is I paid for a finished product either its fixed in a reasonable amount of time or I should be compensated for a half finished product. Not to mention the damage to the hood liner.
I also would certainly love a proper product, as this is my 2nd bracket from them as well that doesn't fit. I have a tendency to give people/entities the chance to fix something, if they get it wrong the 2nd time I assume they are inept and fix it myself

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also would certainly love a proper product, as this is my 2nd bracket from them as well that doesn't fit. I have a tendency to give people/entities the chance to fix something, if they get it wrong the 2nd time I assume they are inept and fix it myself
Yeah and the very vague reply's that I have been receiving does not help. It would be one thing if they came back with an actual ETA or at least a reason for the delays.

I am almost positive the second part that was sent out was for a different vehicle and they sent it hoping that it would fit without actually confirming this beforehand.

·
Registered
436 Posts
So I contacted ADD W1 again and I am still receiving the recycled "another 1-2 weeks" response. Not sure what I want to do at this point, because it seems like nothing is being done.
I just got the same response too, which stated:

“Thank you for contacting us. The bracket should be ready in 1-2 weeks.”

:cautious:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I just sent (yet another) follow-up e-mail. I'll tell you what he says.

I haven't driven my Q50 in weeks man!

·
Super Moderator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Didn't you get the second bracket that is shorter but wider? Just install that one and leave the engine cover off, its not like it will damage anything like the taller bracket. This is what I did for the mean time.
Good point.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Didn't you get the second bracket that is shorter but wider? Just install that one and leave the engine cover off, its not like it will damage anything like the taller bracket. This is what I did for the mean time.
I think if I were in your shoes, I would've returned the product and demanded a refund. This company has faltered at resolving this issue. I think they have been granted enough leeway up to this point.

·
Super Moderator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Received this at 10:17pm 03-25-20:

HI <ptatohed>,

it'll be ready in 5-10 days.

Thank you
Jack

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,417 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Received this at 10:17pm 03-25-20:

HI <ptatohed>,

it'll be ready in 5-10 days.

Thank you
Jack
Suuuurreee.... This ought to be good.

As for me I ordered a Mishimoto catch can setup. I modified my ADD W1 bracket shorter and still was not satisfied. Not at all solid like the Mishi bracket. I will miss the dipstick but will just check it every 2k miles or install a drain kit. I have the parts to make one in my garage, so there's that..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Since I'm not driving anytine soon, I decided to "fix" my bracket while we wait for the new one. After some measurements, it looked I had about 1/8" interference with the hood liner, so I cut 3/8" out of the middle and am going to have my brother in law weld it up at his work tomorrow.

·
Registered
89 Posts
3/8" off the bracket did the trick! Initially the dip nob sat slightly above gasket to the brake fluid cover when the gasket was compressed and now it sits slightly below the top of the plastic cover.

·
Registered
436 Posts
@Kizzle2 - Can you put the Engine Cover back on with no issues?

·
Registered
89 Posts
@Kizzle2 - Can you put the Engine Cover back on with no issues?
Unfortunately I cannot fit the engine cover under the Tanabe bar.

Here is how the OCC looked before I lowered it. I do not think the lowered can will cause an interference with the cover. There is plenty of room as long as you mount the bracket to the rer bolt on the intercooler.

·
Super Moderator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
03-31-2020:

Hi <ptatohed>,

sorry and it'll be here in 3-5 days.

Thank you,
Jack

·
Registered
719 Posts
03-31-2020:

Hi <ptatohed>,

sorry and it'll be here in 3-5 days.

Thank you,
Jack
Post up pics when you actually get it and have it installed. We'll wait. LOL!!

81 - 100 of 128 Posts