Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking delivery of my Hybrid on Friday and the first thing I plan to do is to remove those hideous "HYBRID" badges on the front quarter panels. Such a beautiful car side profile but those after-thought badges are ugly. Has anyone removed theirs yet...? The 3.7 badges are so much smaller they are not as offensive but I would remove those also if I had them. The dealer told me they would charge me to remove them so I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
585 Posts
goo gone is great or even a touch of gasoline on a rag works just as well...
I just saw that they have a new version of Goo Gone made for automotive paint. (Saw that Aggie posted that as well after I posted).

Personally, (Yikes!) I'd skip the gasoline on a rag...

·
Registered
225 Posts
goo gone is great or even a touch of gasoline on a rag works just as well...
Skip the gasoline... Can eat through your clear coat if used excessively. I used 3m Adhesive and Wax Remover, hair dryer and fishing line to get mine off. Easy!!!

Make sure you do it in the shade too!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've been thinking of removing the hybrid badges, but reinstalling one in the back. Any idea how that could be done?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Either buy another set! Might be cheap or just buy some double sided tape @ home depot!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I've been thinking of removing the hybrid badges, but reinstalling one in the back. Any idea how that could be done?
I took of the "Hybrid" badges from the side fenders, it was simple and easy in 10 minutes, clean sides makes the car looks nicer.

I am keeping the rear badges and will add new "Hybrid" emblem left of the "Q50S" on the trunk lid and special 3 letter (VIP) badge right of the "AWD" under "Q50S, This will balance the rear with four badges, will post pic one I receive & install the "Hybrid" and "VIP"emblems.
should look like:
Hybrid.......................................Q50S

..AWD.........................................VIP

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Either buy another set! Might be cheap or just buy some double sided tape @ home depot!
I just bought another "Hybrid" emblem. Trying to do double sided tape and aligning all " H Y B RI D" letters may not be best way.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I just bought another "Hybrid" emblem. Trying to do double sided tape and aligning all " H B R RI D" letters may not be best way.
How much does the badges cost?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ahhh! Definitely just buy then if u want to put them back! Hmmm...i should just throw the ones I took out then!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I took of the "Hybrid" badges from the side fenders, it was simple and easy in 10 minutes, clean sides makes the car looks nicer.

I am keeping the rear badges and will add new "Hybrid" emblem left of the "Q50S" on the trunk lid and special 3 letter (VIP) badge right of the "AWD" under "Q50S, This will balance the rear with four badges, will post pic one I receive & install the "Hybrid" and "VIP"emblems.
should look like:
Hybrid.......................................Q50S

..AWD.........................................VIP

Are you really that important?

·
Registered
407 Posts
LOl wow so many badges. If it was up to me the rear end would only have an Infiniti badge and nothing else. Everything else is just useless to me. I could care less what model Q50 people think I have, I know what I have.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.