Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the car in reverse and the mirrors don't tilt down. This worked previously. Any ideas what is going on?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, mine still tilt down but my driver side mirror has stopped going back to its regular location when I shift out of reverse about half the time. It ends up somewhere in the middle. I have to put the car in park and hit memory 1 for it to return to the proper setting.

Just the lasted item on my long list of things, big and small, that don't work properly on this car. This problem just started for me this week.

I would tell Infiniti Client Relations about it....if they would return calls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Put the car in reverse and the mirrors don't tilt down. This worked previously. Any ideas what is going on?
Make sure that the mirror selection switch is not in the middle. move it to the driver or passenger side and see if that corrects the problem

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well, mine still tilt down but my driver side mirror has stopped going back to its regular location when I shift out of reverse about half the time. It ends up somewhere in the middle. I have to put the car in park and hit memory 1 for it to return to the proper setting.

Just the lasted item on my long list of things, big and small, that don't work properly on this car. This problem just started for me this week.

I would tell Infiniti Client Relations about it....if they would return calls.
The next time it sticks, use your hand to push the glass into place. Sometimes when washing or drying the mirror you might push the mirror down and it has to be reset. Worth a try.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Make sure that the mirror selection switch is not in the middle. move it to the driver or passenger side and see if that corrects the problem
This is the answer to the OP's question. It is a feature, not a bug.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I didn't even know the mirrors could do that. I had always left my switch in the middle position. Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is this feature on all Q50? I don't recall mine having this feature. I have a '14 Premium AWD.
Its part of the Deluxe Touring Package.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Same problem here one side tilt down work and other one won't.
I believe you need to select the mirror that you want to tilt. If the switch is in the middle neither will tilt.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,677 Posts
Page 3-32 of the Owner's Manual refers to this....

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Its available online for free as a PDF file. Good read.. I forget a lot of it.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,677 Posts
I've downloaded both the Owner's Manual and InTouch Manual so I don't have dig out the manuals from the car if I'm looking for information. The mirror adjustment switch needs to be set to the left or right mirror in order for both mirrors to tilt when the car is put into reverse. If the switch is centered, the mirrors will not tilt.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I've downloaded both the Owner's Manual and InTouch Manual so I don't have dig out the manuals from the car if I'm looking for information.

Where did you D/L them from? I only have the 2017 Owners Manual I'd like to get the 2018...and an InTouch Manual for sure!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.