Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I think it's a good idea to leave the signature clock but real reason:

Infiniti want's their car's driver to know about "clockwise and anti clockwise":>! In digital world younger folks get troubled by "clockwise and anti clockwise" lingo.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Funny, other manufacturers are starting to add the clocks. I think they look nice but I'll take the 2 touch screens instead any day!

I can't remember the last time I looked at my clock in the car. Have the time on my nav screen and look at that all the time.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I think it's a good idea to leave the signature clock but real reason:

Infiniti want's their car's driver to know about "clockwise and anti clockwise":>! In digital world younger folks get troubled by "clockwise and anti clockwise" lingo.
Um, there's no such thing as anti clockwise, it's called counter clockwise.

Reactions: Q50Aggie

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Pretty sure outside the US it's called anti-clockwise. Not everyone on this forum is from the US, you know :)
He's from California, says so on his profile. And if he's not originally than I've taught him how it's said in the U.S.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too lament the loss of the clock. I thought it was a unique touch. The double touch screen is nice like a new piece of electronic equipment, but it lacks the refinement that the analog clock always added.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I remember having the conversation where we talked about how no one ever looks at the analog clock anymore and that it's becoming a waste of valuable real estate on the center dash. Sure, it's an awesome Infiniti staple, but I think this was just a matter of time before it was taken away, particularly on the Q50. It's nice to see that the option to have it visible is there..

HOWEVER, I do expect that on the higher end M/Q70 that the analog clock does find its way to remain in the car by itself..unfortunately at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they took it out of the 2015 Q70 as well. :(

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Funny, I often look at that clock and rarely the one on the touch screen. I guess I better get used to looking at the screen now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funny, other manufacturers are starting to add the clocks. I think they look nice but I'll take the 2 touch screens instead any day!

I can't remember the last time I looked at my clock in the car. Have the time on my nav screen and look at that all the time.
I'm glad this came up. I also use the digital clock on my nav screen all the time on my 2009 M35x. However, I've had a couple loaner cars (i think G37 and/or G25) and i couldn't find a digital clock on them. I found it really annoying and even thought it might be a dealbreaker on the Q50 if there's no digital clock. Am I crazy to think that???

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I'm glad this came up. I also use the digital clock on my nav screen all the time on my 2009 M35x. However, I've had a couple loaner cars (i think G37 and/or G25) and i couldn't find a digital clock on them. I found it really annoying and even thought it might be a dealbreaker on the Q50 if there's no digital clock. Am I crazy to think that???
Yes

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Funny, I often look at that clock and rarely the one on the touch screen. I guess I better get used to looking at the screen now.
If anything though u have another one in the middle of your Speedometer and Tachometer

I myself used the analog clock quite extensively! I have it set 5 mins ahead while the one in my nav screen was the ryt tym! Just to be 5 mins ahead of time since I usually check that clock first! Hahaha! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.