Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the right gauge cluster there is a green lighted icon of a car with a double headed arror under it. In my car it's always lit and I'm not really sure what it's for. I feel stupid asking this question by the way....

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
That signifies when car is in electric mode.
I dont believe so! That would defeat the "EV" symbol! The fact that he already mentions that it is always on already makes that improbable!

I think its been discussed before and from what I remember it means that the vehicle is ready to go or something!

Someone else pls chime in if my thought process is wrong! :confused:

·
Registered
585 Posts
The Silly Dash Light is explained in the silly owner's manual...

To start the INFINITI Direct Response
Hybrid
®
®
SYSTEM
System:
1. Depress the brake pedal and place the
ignition switch in the ON position when
the transmission is in the P (Park) or N
(Neutral) position (P is recommended).
(For more details, see “Push-button
ignition switch” (P.5-10).)
2. The READY to drive indicator light
flashes
, then turns illuminated. (The
hybrid system switched to the READY to
drive mode when the indicator light
illuminates.)
When the READY to drive indicator light
illuminates, the vehicle can be
driven, even if the gasoline engine is not
running.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Means the car is ready to drive. Put there in all hybrids now because people don't understand that they can drive if the car isn't "on".

Build an idiot light and they'll just build a better idiot.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Are you calling me a better idiot :) I resemble that remark.
Nah - you're just a run-of-the-mill variant.:D

By the way, remember the little poem from English class: "I before e, except after c." Of course, there are exceptions, but "conceivable" isn't one. ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I dont believe so! That would defeat the "EV" symbol! The fact that he already mentions that it is always on already makes that improbable!

I think its been discussed before and from what I remember it means that the vehicle is ready to go or something!

Someone else pls chime in if my thought process is wrong! :confused:
Do the gas models have it? If so I am wrong. If not you are wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Do the gas models have it? If so I am wrong. If not you are wrong.
Not necessarily! I could be running on gas and not electric/batteries and still have that light on!

·
Registered
119 Posts
That little car icon in the middle of speedo is actually for the nanny techs.(forward collision prevention) If you look closely, its actually a car rear ending another with '!' Mark in between them.

If you turn OFF vdc, that icon will turn yellow I believe or turns off and another icon appears.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
That little car icon in the middle of speedo is actually for the nanny techs.(forward collision prevention) If you look closely, its actually a car rear ending another with '!' Mark in between them.

If you turn OFF vdc, that icon will turn yellow I believe or turns off and another icon appears.
Heh? U are talking about this icon right?

Cuz I still have that even though i dont have nanny techs!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yea but arent we talking about that green car icon with arrows that I linked a pic of? Thats why I said I dont think its for the nanny tech since I dont have any nanny techs but I have the icon mentioned in the topic! :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Yea but arent we talking about that green car icon with arrows that I linked a pic of?
Yeap, from what I gathered that is correct. And when I test drove the hybrid the sales guy told me that the light that you showed meant that the car was ready to drive since we couldn't hear the engine running.

Reactions: gbert15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.