·
Premium Member
'17 AWD Q50SS
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
IMO, that just doesn't look right for our cars. Definately needs 2 mufflers and not big ol fart cannons. Sure for my 240sx but not for a sports sedan. But thats just my opinion

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
290 Posts
There are a few people already in Socal that have them, all on Instagram though. They just slapped on the G37 version with an extender which is exactly what this is.

·
Premium Member
'17 AWD Q50SS
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a few people already in Socal that have them, all on Instagram though. They just slapped on the G37 version with an extender which is exactly what this is.
Is there any benefit to a single exit? Performance gains over dual?

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
290 Posts
I would have no clue. Regardless theres no way any performance gains can outweigh the hideousness of looking like you lost an exhaust tip lol

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,033 Posts
My guess is the gain will be in the form of ridiculous sound!

Reactions: Batell

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
The opposite. Takes twice the area of a single to equal the flow of a dual. Weight is the only benefit.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 3.0T RWD
46 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 3.0T RWD
46 Posts
My buddy had this installed on his 2021 Q50, but the Tomei was off of a 370z so it had to be custom. Not sure if it’ll sound any different, but it definitely sounded louder & nicer, but I’m not a fan of the look of a single exit exhaust on a Q50. This would look so much better on a Q60

Reactions: jodedor and Batell

·
Registered
834 Posts
This exhaust will become a restriction on a tuned VR30 at higher rpm. The main problem will be that it relies on the dumbass 3" Y pipe merge that's so common with these systems. None of them are good for a tuned VR30 and only barely adequate for a RS.

That exhaust system pipe will flow a little over 800cfm. 3" flows like 770cfm +/-. A dual 2.5" exhaust pipe will flow a touch over 1000cfm. Neither of those take into account muffler type or bends, both of which reduce flow to varying extents. A 2.5" system starts being a restriction past 500hp at the flywheel.

It does weigh less at least. It will also be loud as hell and most likely sound like bees and rocks in a coffee can at around 3,000rpm.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Signature Edition
943 Posts
Tacky.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
What is the point of changing to a single exit setup? Just genuinely curious why someone would do this.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Looks? 🤷‍♂️ Price? Weight? Either way, not a good choice for performance on anything with more than 4 cylinders. Maybe that’s the point? A single outlet option for our 4-banger brothers and sisters?

·
Premium Member
3,937 Posts
What is the point of changing to a single exit setup? Just genuinely curious why someone would do this.
I did on my 3.6r that was tracked. I had a 3" catback single.

it looked and sounded just fine.

i have just one public track video of my 3.6r. you can hear how the flat 6, jntake, and exhaust come together. it sounded great.

·
Registered
834 Posts
That pipe needs to be 3.5" at the merge in order to prevent it from being a restriction. That system is dual 2.5" pipes that connect to a 2.75" pipe. Fine for a stock VR30 or lightly modded VQ37 but too small for anything that matters.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The opposite. Takes twice the area of a single to equal the flow of a dual. Weight is the only benefit.
Untrue.

Cross section of a 2.5" pipe allows for 509cfm theoretical max flow. A 3.5" pipe allows for 1029cfm, for example.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts