1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
40 Posts
Each car company needs to sign a separate deal with Apple in order to get this technology in the car. I imagine that Chevrolet may have signed exclusive rights so that Apple can't put this technology in other brands of cars for a certain amount of time. Maybe Infiniti will lean more towards Android instead of Apple. Who knows.

In the long run this tech should be available in most cars that are high enough quality. If enough customers tell Infiniti that they want Siri integrated into their car, Infiniti may just do something about it.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
i doubt Chevrolet or even GM has the market power to dictate terms to Apple or pay for exclusivity. Chevy is probably just ahead of the curve compared to the other automakers in terms of putting it in their cars.

Just like iPod integration, it is in Apple's best interests to get Siri Handsfree in as many cars as possible.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The article says that BMW said it will have this integration in all of its 2014 models and Honda stated that it will be available even in their 2013 models, so I doubt that it will be exclusive to any one company.

Infiniti was on their original list of manufacturers that would have this as a feature and I'm sure it will be available in the future. I'm just wondering if it's a matter of a software upgrade to have the integration or if it's something more complicated. It would be a pretty big misstep, in my opinion, if this isn't going to be available on the first gen of the Q50.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
In my experience, Siri isn't very intelligent. I certainly don't need another dummy in my car. New features are OK if they work. Otherwise it's just a new frustration.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my experience, Siri isn't very intelligent. I certainly don't need another dummy in my car. New features are OK if they work. Otherwise it's just a new frustration.
Honeslty, the only reason I want this integration is to be able to voice text reply since it's not available for iOS in the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
She is still just a, what, 3 year old. She is learning though. Imagine how she does in a few years.

Maybe Infiniti doesn't have exclusive rights but being that it is ahead of the curve it is a big draw to the brand. The longer they can have Siri integration while other brands don't the better for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.