Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday night the 31st everything was working perfectly in my Black Q50. Picked up my friends and headed to Shanahan's (yes the formerly employed coach) who has a local restaurant in town.
Now i want to mention besides the one-time DAS issue i have had, there have been absolutely no issues with this car.
Ok now fast forward to the morning, taking a cab back to the restaurant to rescue my car from valet, i noticed that all my radio stations had been reset, as if the day i got the car. Now i thought this was peculiar, but attributed it to valet and not choosing the correct driver. I quickly switched back to my driving setup and noticed they were gone there as well.
Long story short i parked the car in the garage when i got home and noticed on the way home that the traffic colors on my map had disappeared. I quickly realized its been three months and Sirius probably turned off my subscription.

My quandry is however i have tried to set my FM/Am stations repeatedly to no avail. I have done it with the car running, without the car running but Intouch fired up, and nothing. Even when i click off of FM to SXM its just a dead radio station, i know in the past my Dodge Ram would atleast advertise on the SXM stations.

Has anyone had this issue. Per the short tempers lately i have searched for this type of information on here and have not found a thread so hopefully i wont be raked over the coals. HAHA:p

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am having the same **** problem. I am in Denver and I thought it was something here. I meet another guy seem to have the same problem too. No issues prior to this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having the same **** problem. I am in Denver and I thought it was something here. I meet another guy seem to have the same problem too. No issues prior to this.
That's interesting maybe it has something to do with our location?
Did yours happen on the same day or do you know?

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's interesting maybe it has something to do with our location?
Did yours happen on the same day or do you know?

It happened this morning. Never seen anything like it. Had the car since September, I have always been an SXM user so never any issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are you still able to access SXM channels? I live in Denver as well (recently purchased my Q50s 3 weeks ago) and haven't had any problems. I was under the impression the subscription was longer than 3 months.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sudden appearance

Are you still able to access SXM channels? I live in Denver as well (recently purchased my Q50s 3 weeks ago) and haven't had any problems. I was under the impression the subscription was longer than 3 months.
After all the issues with SXM they suddenly appeared back, I didn't bother to call my dealer given that this was a minor annoyance rather than a major issue. However if it happens again i will certainly give them a bell.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SXM contact

How do you pay for an additional subscription? Do they contact you? Infmike did you get any notice? I'm really starting to like SXM.
Generally you will get information in the mail about SXM, and they will try and get you to sign up this way. They will also probably contact you via phone, if in fact you gave them your number. However in my experience with my Dodge I ;)waited a week or two after expiration when they contact you, you can haggle down to a couple dollars per month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Presets keep disappearing

I have a QX80 (in Denver) and my presets keep disappearing. I'll turn on the car and they randomly disappear with everything going back to the preview channel. Sometimes I have to reset the stations. Other time, I turn off the car for a few hours, turn it back on, and the presets miraculously reappear like nothing ever happened. I am annoyed beyond words because it happens 2 to 3 times a month. I've called Sirius multiple times and refreshed my radio multiple times. No help.

I took it to the the dealer who had it for 3 weeks but they didn't see the problem. I SERIOUSLY doubt they were looking for the right thing because 2 days after I got it back (meaning today), it happened again! I even called Consumer Affairs at Infiniti while it was at the dealership. They said the only way they can change out the module is if I can drive to the dealership while it's happening so they can do a diagnostic. Yes that's right, drop everything I'm doing to drive all the way to the dealership that is no where near me and hope they are open.

So today, I recorded the radio with the presets wiped out. I called sirius to try once again. Lo and behold, the presets were back as I was talking to them BEFORE they did troubleshooting. She said that it's not normal and... get this... "THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH SEE WITH INFINITIS" Yes, I have that on tape. Sirius said it. So... yes I will be calling Consumer Affairs back on Monday...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were you using the same key fob each time? Or do you have user profiles set up?

I just noticed the same thing happened today when I tried to set a profile for my key. When I got the car, I set the Sirius presets, apparently as 'Guest' user. Once I said I was setting preferences for a key, it wiped my presets and tuned to the Sirius preview channel. I switched back to 'Guest' and all my presets were there and working fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I rescind my comment about it being the key fob. This morning, I drove to work and everything was fine. Went out at lunchtime, same fob, nothing changed, and when I started up, all my Sirius pre-sets were gone, and I could only access the preview channel.

Confirmed that my profile was selected, and even tried using the guest profile, but no Sirius channels. I've only had the car for 5 days, so my free trial surely hasn't expired...

I tried resetting/reloading the InTouch several times with no change. Also no change upon next full vehicle shut down and start up. Guess I will have to call somebody about it - maybe the personal assistant can handle this for me...? :|

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.