Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a used 2017 Q 50 Red Sport and transferred my XM subscription over. They’ve sent a refresh signal to my car serval times and the only channels I’m getting is the radio ID and channel 1.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's not registered yet. Leave it outside in view of the southern sky and no trees etc key on for at least fifteen minutes. Let us know if it works.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ive had good and bad interactions with Sirius over the past 5 vehicles, and I would say stay on the line with them until the update has been completed. I have had to call back multiple times for one pairing in a similar situation as you, and talk with three separate employees before the signal was verified. As quoted prior as well make sure there are no obstructions as in a garage, carport, etc, in order for the signal to be received correctly.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
Make sure your satellite radio is on and set to Channel 1 when you request the activation signal and have the car outside for at least 15 minutes as stated above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure your satellite radio is on and set to Channel 1 when you request the activation signal and have the car outside for at least 15 minutes as stated above.
The prompt told me to set the radio to channel 188. It tells me that the channel isn’t available. SMH

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
Interesting. The Sirius/XM website says to set the radio to channel 1 for a XM radio and channel 184 for a Sirius radio. It doesn't address Sirius/XM radios that I could easily find. I'd get on the phone with Sirius/XM while you try to activate your radio for assistance.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Got it done. Just had to call them again and have the work on it from them their end. Thanks for the help!
Glad to hear it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got it done. Just had to call them again and have the work on it from them their end. Thanks for the help!
Glad to hear, and like I said when sending the signal it always helps to stay on the line until it fully refreshes. Love Sirius, but their ability to do something right the first time is greatly lacking haha.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Leaving outside during activation would be required depending on where you live.

The dirty little secret is that Sirius/XM is licensed as a sattelite broadcaster with terrestrial augmentation when in reality they are just the opposite. A terrestrial broadcaster with satellite augmentation. They have powerful transmitters in many major cities. For example, they have a gazillion watt transmitter in Chicago (actually 1/2 megawatt if I remember correctly). I get them without interruption in a parking garage here in Milwaukee. I doubt that a satellite signal is penetrating six floors of concrete.

Reactions: blazn420

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
Satellite radio is basically worthless around here because of the topography. Too many steep hills and mountains that line the major highways make for intermittent signal losses. Listening to the music constantly cutting out after running out of buffered audio files isn't worth the cost of the service. I have the same problem with streaming music via my phone because of the lack of adequate cell tower coverage outside of the strip along the coast and even that is spotty at times.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Satellite radio is basically worthless around here because of the topography. Too many steep hills and mountains that line the major highways make for intermittent signal losses. Listening to the music constantly cutting out after running out of buffered audio files isn't worth the cost of the service. I have the same problem with streaming music via my phone because of the lack of adequate cell tower coverage outside of the strip along the coast and even that is spotty at times.
The pros and cons of living in the boonies. That's what iPods are for. Pretty soon I may envy your dilemma.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
I have to use AT&T's WiFi Calling inside my house because the cell tower signal won't penetrate the lower two floors. It's a real PITA sometimes living in the sticks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts