Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering what everyone's experience was with the traffic capability on their navigation system. Mine stopped displaying teaffic after about 4 days of use while my complimentary subscription had not expired.

I would love to hear the experiences of others in Canada.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine never worked!

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
On my Lexus, it sucks. Data is often missing on major highways, and the updates are always late. I bust out my smartphone with Inrix traffic if I need to know what's going on right now no matter where I'm at.

Inrix is free, not shilling for them, but it is a very good app.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If that is the case, give XM a call. Mine stop working after my trial was over. You should have 3 months of trial for free, I think.
I had to pay $3.99 a month to get it working again since my free trial expired. Since it work great for me, I don't mine to pay for it.

I don't know how much the refreshing will help as I do have xm working, but the traffic which used to show on the nav just stopped working.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
On my Lexus, it sucks. Data is often missing on major highways, and the updates are always late. I bust out my smartphone with Inrix traffic if I need to know what's going on right now no matter where I'm at.

Inrix is free, not shilling for them, but it is a very good app.
Same here. I just use google maps on my phone to look at which routes are congested when I leave work.

Google Maps traffic is way better than infiniti nav traffic.

It will be nice when one day cars will integrate maps off the cell phone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I got my car back in August, I called SiriusXM to ask about all the missing xL channels. This was before I found out the InTouch software was blocking those channels by default. Of course SiriusXM didn't know it was a bug either, so they sent out a refresh signal to my radio and said that should restore the missing channels. That refresh killed my free SXM Traffic. When I called back about that, the woman at SiriusXM said there was NO FREE TRIAL for the Traffic service, and I had to pay to get it back. So basically, I was getting a free trial for SXM Travel Link which wasn't enabled in the car's software and I couldn't use, but no free trial for Traffic which was working when I first bought the car. Brilliant!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Actually never found XM traffic information useful. It's either delayed or not reflect real life at all. I would rather get traffic from Internet instead. Inrix and Waze are giving better results on iPhone.
Internal GPS suppose to plan the route according traffic but in many cases it gave me so weird directions so it's hard to tell was it because of traffic or Navtaq just that bad.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Works really well up here in NY. Maybe its not as reliable in other metropolitan areas?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Same here. Its really accurate up here. Even with the construction updates as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My XM traffic is still working. I don’t think I will renew it after the free trial period is up, because we only have 3-4 roads in the entire state that get updated.

On a side note, has anybody else had the free XM trial for more than 3 months? I bought my car on 8/24 and still have free XM after 5 months. Both radio and traffic.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My free trial lasted almost 4 months. You shouldn't mention it, you might jinx yourself :eek:

On a side note, has anybody else had the free XM trial for more than 3 months? I bought my car on 8/24 and still have free XM after 5 months. Both radio and traffic.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
So, did anybody renew their SXM traffic subscription? I didn't.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My traffic disappeared after about 30 days of ownership, which is when I was receiving an InTouch update (Sometime in October). Took a couple weeks to get Sirius XM to even admit that I had a traffic trial. They kept telling me that I had my trial active a full 6 months before the car had ever been produced and a bunch of similar nonsense.

In the end, I had to get the dealer to call in and fix it, which resulted in a month-month subscription to traffic (they never managed to re-enable the trial).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My traffic disappeared after about 30 days of ownership, which is when I was receiving an InTouch update (Sometime in October). Took a couple weeks to get Sirius XM to even admit that I had a traffic trial. They kept telling me that I had my trial active a full 6 months before the car had ever been produced and a bunch of similar nonsense.

In the end, I had to get the dealer to call in and fix it, which resulted in a month-month subscription to traffic (they never managed to re-enable the trial).
Interesting I picked up my car in late October and they updated the Intouch then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm getting pretty good traffic information for most highways in my area (NE Ohio) and I've had my car for about 6 weeks.

What's strange is that when I called XM to see what my costs would be for a subscription after the 3 months they said I wasn't getting the traffic on the free trial. Just the info add on that gives you useless stuff about gas prices and news.

When I looked on the XM site they claim that level of detail isn't available in my region with XM traffic. When I had a previous lexus with XM traffic I didn't get that level of detail.

So where is my traffic info coming from? The dealer couldn't answer, they swear it is XM. Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.