Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any issues with this other than me? ive had Xm for years. got the q50 hybrid sport, cant get channels 95-105 despite multiple calls Sirius XM. is it them or my car?

i want channel 103, and just cant get it...

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Nope, I can't get the Premium stations either and even unlocking the password and having Sirius refresh my radio didn't resolve the issue. I am taking my Q in on Tuesday for the engineers to check it out. I will be asking about that!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
You have to hit controls, then more, then scroll all to the bottom and click channel lock. Password is 1234 then you can turn channel lock off. This will not he required in the next software update.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so has anyone successfully gotten a premium channel, such as 103 or anything after 98? if even for a minute.

i tried turning off the channel lock, but i did not turn on the car, and i didnt turn the radio off an on, maybe i will try that...

bottom line is i have been beating up sirius xm and it may not be their fault?

·
Registered
585 Posts
so has anyone successfully gotten a premium channel, such as 103 or anything after 98? if even for a minute.

i tried turning off the channel lock, but i did not turn on the car, and i didnt turn the radio off an on, maybe i will try that...

and if you had bothered to search the forum, you would have seen that this has been discussed at length, that it is a known issue, and that it is believed that it will be addressed in an upcoming software update.

You can access the channels using the procedure outlined above. You will have to do it everytime you turn on your car. Infiniti is aware of it and will, hopefully, fix it in the near future.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts

Yes I listen to the premium channels daily

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
and if you had bothered to search the forum, you would have seen that this has been discussed at length, that it is a known issue, and that it is believed that it will be addressed in an upcoming software update.

You can access the channels using the procedure outlined above. You will have to do it everytime you turn on your car. Infiniti is aware of it and will, hopefully, fix it in the near future.
Let's not assume he didn't search the forum or read every thread on here. I for one am an avid participant and read 90% of the topics and I can assure you, the outlined steps do not work for me and may not work for him/her either. I've unlocked the pass code 1000 times and even had Sirius send a refresh to my car but it still won't let me click on any of those stations. They are grayed out. But at least they appear now, which they weren't until the refresh.

I am taking my car into the dealership to have the engineers looks at it so I'll ask about this issue then and update on this thread.

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good idea to take it in. You can also ask SXM for a "reset" signal instead of a refresh. I had that done before I/they figured out the "Channel Lock" was in the software of the radio.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Ok Internet high and mighty, like I said, I have done the steps outlined above and it still does not work. Q50aggie, did you need to send a refresh signal after you unlocked the channels? When I unlock them, nothing changes...

Could you please go through your ritual? Meaning, I get in, turn the car on, go sxm, unlock it, and then tune the channel I want... I have down exactly the above without it working.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Ok Internet high and mighty, like I said, I have done the steps outlined above and it still does not work. Q50aggie, did you need to send a refresh signal after you unlocked the channels? When I unlock them, nothing changes...

Could you please go through your ritual? Meaning, I get in, turn the car on, go sxm, unlock it, and then tune the channel I want... I have down exactly the above without it working.
I get in, tune to sxm, click controls, click more, scroll down to second page click channel lock, type 1234 ok, then click channel lock on so that channel lock goes from on lit up to on not lit up. Then tune to 45 or 103 or whatever premium channel you want. No I didn't have to do any refresh signals, it just works

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get in, tune to sxm, click controls, click more, scroll down to second page click channel lock, type 1234 ok, then click channel lock on so that channel lock goes from on lit up to on not lit up. Then tune to 45 or 103 or whatever premium channel you want. No I didn't have to do any refresh signals, it just works
i wish that was the case for me. it just willnt work.

also it would be nice to kind of have the knob to toggle channels, i go to entertainment or all channels then start touching buttons..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there-

If you're finding that you're missing channels and not sure why, please send us an email with your contact information (name, phone number, and if you have it, your account number) to [email protected], and we'd be happy to look at your account and help.

In your email please mention that you saw this post on this forum.

Thank you,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi there-

If you're finding that you're missing channels and not sure why, please send us an email with your contact information (name, phone number, and if you have it, your account number) to [email protected], and we'd be happy to look at your account and help.

In your email please mention that you saw this post on this forum.

Thank you,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Dear SiriusXM, you guys should not be starting our 90-Day trial period until after the next Q50 update as we are all having the same issues (Canada and USA). Considering at this time we arent able to use SXM as a normal user would, it would be a good move to extend the trial period so that we can have a full 90-Days of actual SMX trial operating/functioning as it normally would.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Dear SiriusXM, you guys should not be starting our 90-Day trial period until after the next Q50 update as we are all having the same issues (Canada and USA). Considering at this time we arent able to use SXM as a normal user would, it would be a good move to extend the trial period so that we can have a full 90-Days of actual SMX trial operating/functioning as it normally would.
I agree. Frustrating that the premium channels are blocked right now because of the car software (not SiriusXM fault), but hopefully they can extend it for early Q50 owners to a 6 month trial

Reactions: Infiniti Chick
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.