Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2018 q50 silver sport AWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a GENUINE solution to this problem? (Vibration under slight to mid acceleration) I’m on Extreme low BC coils. I love the way it looks; tucking a little tire up front and little less in the rear. I get vibrations when under load/low boost between 1-7psi primarily lying between 1500-3500 rpm’s (haven’t decided to go further). I know I need adjustable control arms (just had it aligned and am running 3.5 degrees of negative camber almost all the way around). Someone, anyone!!! help before I go back to my monster truck ride height for a nice 400-500mi. Round trip for my sis’s wedding.

· Registered
3,000 Posts
I’m not lowered, so I don’t KNOW, but I’ve READ that pretty much every lowered AWD has those vibrations and there isn’t squat to be done about it.

Having said that, I wonder if the changed geometry is causing the front drive shaft to chatter against the front diff? Just thinking, since the RWD Qs don’t seem to have this problem, it seems logical to me to check what’s different between the RWD and AWD cars.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
yeah, dont ride around like that. save it for the people at the car shows

you dont need to go back to mOnStEr TrUcK ride height but a ride height that a normal human being would use so they dont scrape constantly is a better idea.

last i heard for any kind of answer was to use different cv axles. i think boost in motion went that route. check his old videos where he was consistently ruining his car(s).

p.s. i feel sorry for your bank account with -3.5 degrees of camber.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Having said that, I wonder if the changed geometry is causing the front drive shaft to chatter against the front diff?
close, the extreme lowering is pulling cv part of the axle apart. the pass side cv axle is much shorter than the driver's side so it has a lot less ability to move.

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts
yeah, dont ride around like that. save it for the people at the car shows

you dont need to go back to mOnStEr TrUcK ride height but a ride height that a normal human being would use so they dont scrape constantly is a better idea.

last i heard for any kind of answer was to use different cv axles. i think boost in motion went that route. check his old videos where he was consistently ruining his car(s).

p.s. i feel sorry for your bank account with -3.5 degrees of camber.
Didn't he use M45 cv axles?

-3.5 degrees of camber...yikes.

Reactions: Q50silversurfer

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m not lowered, so I don’t KNOW, but I’ve READ that pretty much every lowered AWD has those vibrations and there isn’t squat to be done about it.

Having said that, I wonder if the changed geometry is causing the front drive shaft to chatter against the front diff? Just thinking, since the RWD Qs don’t seem to have this problem, it seems logical to me to check what’s different between the RWD and AWD cars.
Yes that’s correct just wondering if anyone has figured out a way around this; engine mount spacers, M37 axels, something just so long as I don’t have to be the first to solve this problem by going back to monster truck ride height 😓🙏

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Yes that’s correct just wondering if anyone has figured out a way around this; engine mount spacers, M37 axels, something just so long as I don’t have to be the first to solve this problem by going back to monster truck ride height 😓🙏
your best option for staying that low is air bags. that way, you can have an adult amount of ride height for normal driving and then air it out and flex on the poors at the next gas station meet under "the good lights". seriously, gas stations at night have great lighting for the 'gram.

if you cant afford that, adjust your coilovers to a sane ride height (NOT STOCK) and send it. you can still lower the car a respectable amount and drive it around normally. when youre ready to impress the teenagers, crawl back under it and lower it again. being a baller aint easy kid.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your best option for staying that low is air bags. that way, you can have an adult amount of ride height for normal driving and then air it out and flex on the poors at the next gas station meet under "the good lights". seriously, gas stations at night have great lighting for the 'gram.

if you cant afford that, adjust your coilovers to a sane ride height (NOT STOCK) and send it. you can still lower the car a respectable amount and drive it around normally. when youre ready to impress the teenagers, crawl back under it and lower it again. being a baller aint easy kid.

BORING…. Static 4L thank you, guess I’ll find a real solution on my own 🤣

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts
I offered honest advice first. 🤷‍♂️ At this point, it's not ignorance, he's chosing stupidity.
You offered your opinion but ultimately, he's free to do whatever he wants, regardless of its merit. I think calling him stupid is unnecessary.

Reactions: rpiotro

· Registered
2,702 Posts
I offered honest advice first. 🤷‍♂️ At this point, it's not ignorance, he's chosing stupidity.
Blitz, share your knowledge, share your opinion. No reason to pass judgement on or throw personal attacks at someone you've never met or talked to.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Write me a morality ticket.

Offering five solid options and ignoring all of them because it doesn't fit his version of reality isn't exactly the actions of a scholar. OP is looking for a quick fix where there isn't one available, aside from maybe an axle swap. That seemed to not be on the table however.

· Registered
2019 Q50S AWD: Graphite Shadow / 2015 Q40 AWD (Daily)
113 Posts
Has anyone found a GENUINE solution to this problem? (Vibration under slight to mid acceleration) I’m on Extreme low BC coils. I love the way it looks; tucking a little tire up front and little less in the rear. I get vibrations when under load/low boost between 1-7psi primarily lying between 1500-3500 rpm’s (haven’t decided to go further). I know I need adjustable control arms (just had it aligned and am running 3.5 degrees of negative camber almost all the way around). Someone, anyone!!! help before I go back to my monster truck ride height for a nice 400-500mi. Round trip for my sis’s wedding.

Have the same issue on mine. I have RSR Downs so I am probably not as low as you. I am installing front and rear camber kits, bc coils and front and rear sway bars to see if that helps the issue.

· Premium Member
662 Posts
It pure savagery!

We're all glad you're here.

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 RS AWD. Black on Black on Black
252 Posts
Anyone have the right part number for which m37 axle to use? I searched and found like eleventeen different options.

Reactions: NJZDMYZ

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 RS AWD. Black on Black on Black
252 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts