Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I clearly need to call the dealership, I have noticed that last couple of days a small leak near the front of the car. Anything I should know before I call, i've never dealt with Infiniti service as this is my first Infiniti. I was sadly in an accident already with my new Q50 but was all body damage no mechanical problems. I'm worried they may blame the leaking fluid on the repairs I had done a month ago. Regardless, i'm going to call and schedule to bring it in, hoping they give me a loaner so I don't have to waste a day at the dealership.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You now own a luxury vehicle. They will 100% give you a loaner. Infiniti service is some of the best in the industry. You will be taken care of. Now with the leak one of two things will happen. They will tell you either its a fault with the car, or that the accident you were in was what caused this, but your insurance should surely cover it (as long as you paid your deductible.

·
Registered
573 Posts
What kind of fluid?

·
Registered
308 Posts
What kind of fluid?
oil, gas, engine coolant, windshield washer fluid?

Mine is at the dealer right now as there was a small oil leak that showed up while the car sat in my shop the past 12 days. They called me and cannot find the source. Wish I could have been there when they pulled the plastic under shield.
Car has less than 700 miles on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up being a transmission hose that attaches to the radiator, when they repaired my vehicle they needed to replace my radiator. Seems when they attached the hoses this particular one looks to have been cut. There is a drip tray or guard that protects this area, so transmission fluid was slowly leaking.

Thankfully the dealership I bought my Q50 from is a large company and also owns a collision center. I figured after my accident that its a lease better to have them fix it to not deal with any, "you didn't have this repaired correct" issue at end of lease. I thought they were going to make me take the car back to the collision center when it became clear this issue was related to repairs. The GM at the collision site instructed the local Infiniti Service center to repair the car and not worry about having me drive it there. He also remembered the car and me, he told the dealership, "i believe Mr Kane does not have rental insurance, make sure he gets a loaner car and you can charge us if need be.

This is what real customer service is all about! They gave me a brand new Q50S with 33 miles on it, was told the part will take a few days sorry for the inconvenience. I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan on Infiniti everyday.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Normally I'd ask you if it could simply be the condensation that drips after you stop the car following the use of A/C. Then I thought, who would be using A/C this time of year? (I do =, sadly when it was 85 just a couple weeks ago).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.