Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They are very disappointing.

I realize ultimately only what you think should matter about the Q50, but then why even wait for professional reviews? Every one in this forum has been anxiously waiting for the reviews to come, and as they come trickling in and aren't really praising the Q50's driving abilities, people are looking for every excuse as to why the review shouldn't be taken seriously.

The reviews are seriously throwing me off though. I was very excited about this car.. wanted to lease a Sport RWD 3.7, but now I am contemplating my decision. I may just get a G37 IPL coupe.

One thing that confuses me though, the G37 was considered one of the best in the class for driving, yet all reviews say this is a step above that car, but doesn't come close to matching the BMW.

·
Registered
171 Posts
no matter how great the review is....its all a bunch of critic opinion

nothing matters as much as what YOU personally think about the car.

the only real answer is for you to drive all the cars in question and decide which one you like the most

·
Registered
348 Posts
One thing that confuses me though, the G37 was considered one of the best in the class for driving, yet all reviews say this is a step above that car, but doesn't come close to matching the BMW.
It is a better car but not a better driver's car compered to the G37 (my speculation based on reading, did not drive the Q).

This is true for the F30 3 series, better car than the E90 but not a driver's car at all (Based on reading AND driving both).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Haha...I guess I am one of them. It's nice to have a great review on a car you are going to purchase to make it's even more rewarding. But, even if a review is not too favorable, it's still doesn't matter much because when choosing a car, it's just not all about performance it's about everything else. If we all care about performance, then we all probably be driving a 335i or S4. I believe what attract people (especially me) to the Q50 is the exterior/ interior styling (the 2 big dual touchscreen really sold me), lots of cool techs moreso than any cars in it's segment, hybrid performatnce and price/performance ratio.
The Q50 is no slouche, it's a very capable car with powerfull acceleration, smooth ride, comfort and handling. I test drove it and it's truely an impressive car and definitely fun to drive.
It might not be the best car in it's segment, but it's the most attractive car for many people.
Now, put a Q50 sport hybrid on the review and I am sure it will get an impressive review. The extra 300lbs will make it stick to the road, the 360HP will rival both the 335i and S4, and the hybrid instant torque respond will kick ass for sure.

I don't think that many of us are "waiting" on reviews---heck, half the people on this forum have already ordered the car.

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Makes me glad that I am leasing...if the car is a flop and doesn't work out, I don't have to worry because I am only stuck with it 39 months....and if it does great, who knows...maybe I'll have equity in the car at the end of the lease. unlikely, but maybe....I may want to upgrade to the Q70 in 3 years :)

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
There's no way the Q50 is going to be a flop in the eyes of the driver. All signs are pointing that the Q50, while may not be the best at any one element, is still a big step up from the G37 and that alone should be enough, especially for returning Infiniti customers. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.