Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: any idea on how I can get this out...I'm going to get my car detailed tomorrow hopefully it can come out. I parked my car I'm a empty lot for about a hour and when I came back I saw this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
it looks like theres a small line of dent, call your local paintless dent removal, as for the scratches, if your nails dont catch on them you can polish them out. if it does, your only option to do it properly is to repaint, which is recommended if its down to the metal, however if its just through the clear then leave it. i've got one like that but its very small lines, however it did go through the clear. i ended up leaving it.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
That's more like a deep French kiss and some groping. Really sorry. Some people are horrible.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
That sucks man, mine is still perfect, knock on wood. I park far away or next to luxury cars but sometimes, when you park far away, some knucklehead in a 1992 Corolla with no hubcaps and peeling purple tint will park right up on your door.

Since there's a positive paint transfer, some clay bar and Ronsonol/Zippo lighter fluid will help remove it. It's safe for use on clearcoat. If it was a negative paint transfer (scraping concrete and removing your paint) it'd be body shop time.

The good thing is that if you have a low deductible you can call it in as a hit and run and save money on insurance. Paintless dent repair would be the second thing I'd do after using lighter fluid to remove the transferred paint if there's a dent.

There's also a crazy method that works using computer duster (canned air) and a blowdryer. You can slowly, carefully heat the area around the edges of the dent with the dryer then flip the computer duster can upside down and freeze the area. If it's the right kind of dent it will pop right out. Search youtube for examples.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Clay bar is so awesome!

Reactions: afrosheen
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.