Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title suggests, I've been trying to negotiate the price on a vehicle that I want to order, and I've given my exact specifications to these dealers and they haven't contacted me back with a price yet.

I've already visited with one dealer and told him what I want in my car, and he looked to try and find one with what I want and tole me he wasn't able to locate one with my exact specifications. I told him I have no problem with ordering one and waiting, I just want to get the deal done.

Two days later and they still haven't gotten back to me with a price even though I keep emailing him saying that I'd like to get the ball rolling. Am I just being impatient because I want my shiny new Q50 like the rest of you, or should it not take this long for them to get back to me with just a price to start negotiating with?

·
Registered
432 Posts
What specs are you looking for? If you want certain accessories that can be added later by the dealer then get one without those. The only thing that I can think of that might be more difficult is if your color combo/options is a difficult/rare combo. Let us know.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Like the title suggests, I've been trying to negotiate the price on a vehicle that I want to order, and I've given my exact specifications to these dealers and they haven't contacted me back with a price yet.

I've already visited with one dealer and told him what I want in my car, and he looked to try and find one with what I want and tole me he wasn't able to locate one with my exact specifications. I told him I have no problem with ordering one and waiting, I just want to get the deal done.

Two days later and they still haven't gotten back to me with a price even though I keep emailing him saying that I'd like to get the ball rolling. Am I just being impatient because I want my shiny new Q50 like the rest of you, or should it not take this long for them to get back to me with just a price to start negotiating with?
There are a couple of dealers here who are very responsive and have helped out a number of our members in purchasing a car and have also helped this community understand a number of things.

With that said, there isn't much negotiating to be done on this newly released model. That and if other dealers are as busy as mine, they are doing everything they can to keep up with demand. Many of us have also had frustrations with dealers being less than responsive.

You're best bet would be to walk into a dealership or, wait a few months. Any custom orders placed now are scheduled for November or later delivery. It is also possible as often happens, 6+ months after release you'll see more favorable terms and negotiating ability.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking for a Q50S Hybrid RWD Graphite/Graphite w/ Nav and Tech package. Pretty tough combo to find they're telling me.

I would rather negotiate price at time of picking up the car than right now. May be 2 months from now dealers will be more willing to deal/negotiate, versus today.
That is very true and probably what I will end up doing, but the dealer told me that I have to put $1000 deposit on the order and if I back out then I lose the deposit.

Also, I'm looking to trade in as well and I don't want the trade-in value on my car to go down in those few months since I plan on doing a lot of driving in the coming months.

As far as negotiation price goes, I'm not really looking for too far off of MSRP, I just don't want to pay more than MRSP before tax, tag and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They probably don't want to sell any more of them with all the software glitches that seem to be popping up. lol. :) Mine had been calling me once every 2 or 3 days right before the release and immediately after. Haven't heard from him in a while. Not that I mind... I'm ready to buy, but not sure the car is ready to be purchased. I can wait ...

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Where are you (I'm on phone so can't see your profile if its there)? I can get you that car pretty quick if you want. Email or PM me if I can help. Going to be really busy this weekend, but I'll get back to you as quickly as I can. I'm in Northern California.

We have 30+ Q50's in stock and more coming. I have pretty much every config and every color. And I know we have GS/G Hybrid Sport Deluxe Tech due really soon if it didn't land today. Yes, that's a rare combo for some reason - and it looks awesome.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.