Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted the opinion of some SOCAL Q50 prospects here about any recommended dealers around the LA area!

Another thing is I am planning on trading in my G35 to fund my downpayment for the Q50 Hybrid Sport and wanted to know how/where could I get the best value for my sale/trade-in? Would trading it in specifically to an Infiniti dealer be of any benefit over lets say carmax for some cash?

Sorry for the random question but your input is very much appreciated! :)

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I can't help much because I'm not in SOCAL but it's always been better to sell the car privately. Dealers won't give you as much as you can get for that G35.

I'd look in to selling it privately

What G35 is it? What year and version?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Selling privatly you will get more for your car. For me its about the hassle factor. If I can trade it in and get a reasonable amount for it I'll trade if not I'll sell it outright. Before going to the dealer run by a CarMax and have it appraised. If what they put in the car is worth it for you use that to negotiate with the dealer and make it one smooth easy process.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't help much because I'm not in SOCAL but it's always been better to sell the car privately. Dealers won't give you as much as you can get for that G35.

I'd look in to selling it privately

What G35 is it? What year and version?
The car is an 03 G35 Coupe! Here is how it stands right now and still trying to put most of it back to stock!

Ya i think its the hassel of having to wait for that private sale thats making it hard! Even now, I have trouble selling my wheels! :-(

Selling privatly you will get more for your car. For me its about the hassle factor. If I can trade it in and get a reasonable amount for it I'll trade if not I'll sell it outright. Before going to the dealer run by a CarMax and have it appraised. If what they put in the car is worth it for you use that to negotiate with the dealer and make it one smooth easy process.
Ya I hear u man! Thanks for the suggestion! Ill try that! This will actually be my first time trading in/selling a car since my last one got totalled and got paid by the insurance and used that money as my downpayment!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The car is an 03 G35 Coupe! Here is how it stands right now and still trying to put most of it back to stock!

Ya i think its the hassel of having to wait for that private sale thats making it hard! Even now, I have trouble selling my wheels! :-(

Ya I hear u man! Thanks for the suggestion! Ill try that! This will actually be my first time trading in/selling a car since my last one got totalled and got paid by the insurance and used that money as my downpayment!
Love how your Infiniti G35 looks, especially with those wheels. Aren't they Volk racing wheels?

Post up some more pictures of your G if you can! To push you to sell your wheels, try starting for sale threads titled "testing waters" and brand/model of wheel.

If you get a good offer you will want to sell :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love how your Infiniti G35 looks, especially with those wheels. Aren't they Volk racing wheels?

Post up some more pictures of your G if you can! To push you to sell your wheels, try starting for sale threads titled "testing waters" and brand/model of wheel.

If you get a good offer you will want to sell :D
Thanks for the advice! Actually those are stock wheels! Thats one of the parts ive already put back to stock! I had 20" SSR SP1s! :D

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Is that a 6MT? If so, when you're ready, feel free to PM or email me. I have 3-4 clients who are looking for a good condition 03-05 coupe. I'm sure I'd have to make the numbers extra attractive to be worth it for you to drive to NorCal, but I'm sure I can make it happen for you.

As ducoop says, you'll most likely get more $$ if you sell the car privately. The dealer needs to buy it from you, inspect it, smog it, clean it up, fix scratches, dents and messed up bumpers, fix the leather of the driver's seat (I don't think I've seen a single one of those come in that doesn't have a worn out or torn spot at the back left of the driver's seat), etc. By the time we're done doing all that, we're into the car for as much as $2,000 in addition to whatever we pay you. And we need to buy it at a price where we can turn around and make a profit selling it.

The good news is if you sell it to the dealer, you're done. You don't have to put up with weirdos calling at all hours, arranging a test drive, then making you stupid low-ball offers after they point out all the "flaws" in your ten year-old car. Oh, and then calling you a week later to ask/complain about the xyz making noise or riding/running rough and will you split the cost of the repair since you didn't "disclose" that problem (that they probably caused) when you sold the car.

I've never tried those consignment car lots. That's probably a way to get a bit more than the trade-in value without the hassle, but you're still waiting until the car sells, rather than being done with everything all at once.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup! 6mt! Ya its kinda hard and far for me! Dont wanna add that much miles! Currently have some people inquiring about the car from maintenance shops that I usually go to but, like u said, there are some hassels to be considered! Ill keep u in mind bro! Thanks for the heads up! :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've bought 4 Infiniti's in the last 3 years from Chris Pitsis at Santa Monica Infiniti. Gotten really amazing deals...tell him Stephen sent you.

I got 6k+ each off the last 3.
Nice! Thanks for the heads up bro! Ill hit him up! Ive been passing by that dealership and they seem nice! Are you going to get a Q50 as well? Maybe we can try and get a group buy going! :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I traded my '11 G37S coupe (after being rear-ended to the tune of 12k in damage with only 2k miles on it) for a '12 EX and a '12 FX. Spent 10k in mods so far on the EX - and it only has 5k miles.

But - I def want the Q50. Just need to see it in person and drive it. But i'm 99% sure i'll get it. It's just a matter of when - and it always depends on the deal!!

So i'm game for group buy. My brother is buying an FX and JX for him and his wife in a few months...so I might just do all the purchasing at once!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I traded my '11 G37S coupe (after being rear-ended to the tune of 12k in damage with only 2k miles on it) for a '12 EX and a '12 FX. Spent 10k in mods so far on the EX - and it only has 5k miles.

But - I def want the Q50. Just need to see it in person and drive it. But i'm 99% sure i'll get it. It's just a matter of when - and it always depends on the deal!!

So i'm game for group buy. My brother is buying an FX and JX for him and his wife in a few months...so I might just do all the purchasing at once!
Nice ride man! Always liked the fx and the ex! Cool cool let me know then! Im in no rush actually! Wanna save up as mich as possible to lower my monthly and wanna prep the G a bit more to get a better trade in value!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody on the boards a dealer in Socal? It seems like, if I dont want to pay a higher price for the Q50, id have to pre-order by the end of June instead of my originally planned December purchase! Not sure if this will really hold true but between slowly putting back the car to stock and saving some more $$$ for the down payment to add to the trade-in, it feels like im in a real time constraint but on the other hand, i dont want to pay more that what my projected budget is! Thinking of bringing in the G for an appraisal when I pre-order the Q50 and hoping that they would hold that price for me till the pre-ordered Q50 arrives!

This has just become a big challenge and so im mostly hoping a huge price increase is not necessarily true if buying a Q50 after June 30 or im hoping that there would be probable discounts by december so that I could get the Q50 @ equal or maybe a lower price than pre-ordrer, or at the very least just a couple of hundred more! :-(

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Anybody on the boards a dealer in Socal? It seems like, if I dont want to pay a higher price for the Q50, id have to pre-order by the end of June instead of my originally planned December purchase! Not sure if this will really hold true but between slowly putting back the car to stock and saving some more $$$ for the down payment to add to the trade-in, it feels like im in a real time constraint but on the other hand, i dont want to pay more that what my projected budget is! Thinking of bringing in the G for an appraisal when I pre-order the Q50 and hoping that they would hold that price for me till the pre-ordered Q50 arrives!

This has just become a big challenge and so im mostly hoping a huge price increase is not necessarily true if buying a Q50 after June 30 or im hoping that there would be probable discounts by december so that I could get the Q50 @ equal or maybe a lower price than pre-ordrer, or at the very least just a couple of hundred more! :-(
Gbert try Gil Navarro at Infiniti Tustin... I worked a great deal for one of my boys in April on a G coupe the process there was totally seamless and they seem to give more on trades than anywhere else ...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gbert try Gil Navarro at Infiniti Tustin... I worked a great deal for one of my boys in April on a G coupe the process there was totally seamless and they seem to give more on trades than anywhere else ...
Nice nice! Thanks for that bro! They are kinda close to mo too! Tha ks for the heads up! :)

Reactions: GtoQ

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Nice nice! Thanks for that bro! They are kinda close to mo too! Tha ks for the heads up! :)
No problem bro... Anytime ... I was originally working with oc Infiniti but they started playing games Gil came in and saved the day matching the offer I was prev quoted but they took away cuz I couldn't drive down to Cali for another week from Vegas... Sucks for them great for Tustin...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ahhh! Good to know bro! I believe I was talking to Phil Art of OC infiniti as well but it just didnt feel right and was kinda dodgy on some of my questions reguarding trade in and packages for the Q50 so it felt like I need to head somewhere else! I was actually thinking cerritos since it had good ratings too but first hand experience coming from you is enticing me to head to tustin and inquire there instead! Also after typing in right now, it seems like there have been good reviews about them with mention of Gil Navarro specifically!

Btw, were u inquiring about the Q50 with Gil or was this for a different deal some time ago?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Trade in

I just returned from my local dealer. Metro Infiniti of Monrovia, CA. Long story short.. They Offered $18k for my 09 G37s sedan with 44k on the clock. Moonlight White with Stone interior with Nav. Immaculate condition! I felt I'd be leaving some money on the table so I passed. If there were some incentives I'd would have taken the offer. Maybe in late 2013..

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just returned from my local dealer. Metro Infiniti of Monrovia, CA. Long story short.. They Offered $18k for my 09 G37s sedan with 44k on the clock. Moonlight White with Stone interior with Nav. Immaculate condition! I felt I'd be leaving some money on the table so I passed. If there were some incentives I'd would have taken the offer. Maybe in late 2013..
Id say try more dealers and make them fightnover your business! My current story is I went to one dealer that offered me $7500 then went to another that offered me $6000! Mind you think is an 03 G35 coupe with $122K miles! Also, not in the best of conditions but not that bad either and still had aftermarket parts on it!

I was to pre-order from the 1st dealer then the last dealer emailed me while I was at work if i was still buying from them and said I would have to pass since it was less than expected and that i had another dealer offer me $7500 for my trade-in then he emails me back to say he was dissapointed that i went to another dealer but talked to his manager and offered me $8000 to get my business! I still hesitated though and said if they could guarantee the rlprice of my trade-in price(since the first dealer didnt) till my ordered Q50 arrives(about mid August) then they have my business! He agrees and put down my pre-order there as soon as I got off work!

All in all, just go inquire at dealers near you! They are just a phone call or an email away and get appraised asap so u have an idea of what you can play with! Cost of the Q50 isnt gonna change much but our trade-ins can vary by dealer so thats the factor I played with and tried to get the most of! Hope that helps!

Reactions: 88gt

·
Registered
80 Posts
Id say try more dealers and make them fightnover your business! My current story is I went to one dealer that offered me $7500 then went to another that offered me $6000! Mind you think is an 03 G35 coupe with $122K miles! Also, not in the best of conditions but not that bad either and still had aftermarket parts on it!

I was to pre-order from the 1st dealer then the last dealer emailed me while I was at work if i was still buying from them and said I would have to pass since it was less than expected and that i had another dealer offer me $7500 for my trade-in then he emails me back to say he was dissapointed that i went to another dealer but talked to his manager and offered me $8000 to get my business! I still hesitated though and said if they could guarantee the rlprice of my trade-in price(since the first dealer didnt) till my ordered Q50 arrives(about mid August) then they have my business! He agrees and put down my pre-order there as soon as I got off work!

All in all, just go inquire at dealers near you! They are just a phone call or an email away and get appraised asap so u have an idea of what you can play with! Cost of the Q50 isnt gonna change much but our trade-ins can vary by dealer so thats the factor I played with and tried to get the most of! Hope that helps!

I might just do that. Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts