Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Offered for sale is a used Stillen Rear Stabilizer Bar.

Installed for just over a year on my '17 Q60 Red Sport AWD. Will fit Q50 AWDs. Removed and replaced with Hotchkis FRT & RR SBs.

$110 shipped within the lower 48.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
732 Posts
Is the Hotchkis better?

Reactions: styles

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the Hotchkis better?
Some background: In the case of my Q60 AWD - once I had the RS-R C/Os installed, I was comfortable dialing-up the corning speeds, and that required stabilizer bars with a higher spring rate to manage how much the tires were unloaded in a turn, so I switched to the Hotchkis (stiffest) setup.

With an AWD Q, if you only plan to stick with the front OEM stabilizer bar and the OEM shocks/springs, the Stillen RSB will fit the bill, and doesn't make the ride quality too harsh. It depends on your suspension mod level and what your goals are - street driving only, a mix of street and track, etc.

For primary street driving, the FRT OEM SB & RR Stillen SB w/stock suspension will make a noticeable improvement in handling w/o effecting ride quality.

Reactions: munch and Batell

·
Registered
81 Posts
Interested. Would this fit the 2017 q50 S AWD VR30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: munch

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SOLD!!!

Reactions: munch

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
... wanted to know if I plan on keeping the stock suspension, will I need to upgrade the end links as well?
It's pointless to increase the spring rate of the stabilizer bar, only to have all that resistance get taken up by the compliance in the (stock) end links. So, yes.

.I'd like to find some that aren't $200.
Here's the best price I've found for the SPL Parts Rear STB End Links:

INFINITI Q50 V37 rear endlink set. Motorsport, chassis - 54618-REV37-INFI | INFINITI, Nashua NH

Worth every penny. Just for s**ts and giggles, I looked at Voodoo13, and their end links are more:

Rear Adjustable Infiniti Q50/Q60 Sway Bar End Links - Made in the USA

Good luck!

Reactions: Batell and Avedis53

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
It's pointless to increase the spring rate of the stabilizer bar, only to have all that resistance get taken up by the compliance in the (stock) end links. So, yes.

INFINITI Q50 V37 rear endlink set. Motorsport, chassis - 54618-REV37-INFI | INFINITI, Nashua NH

Worth every penny. Just for s**ts and giggles, I looked at Voodoo13, and their end links are more:

Good luck!
Did they do any pre-loading on your setup to increase the stiffness on your rear ASB?

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did they do any pre-loading on your setup to increase the stiffness on your rear ASB?
No, when I installed it, I had the rear wheels on Rhino Ramps, so that when I adjusted the turn-buckle length of the SPL End Links, the bolts will “drop-in”. This way the loaded wheels will be neutral when connected to the STB.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm going to order a set of SPL Parts Rear STB End Links to go with my Stillen RASB this week now.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
I'm going to order a set of SPL Parts Rear STB End Links to go with my Stillen RASB this week now.
I just ordered a pair of the Infiniti rear STB end links from Nashua Infiniti. IridiumRS400 put the fear of God in me about my end link bushings and I'm not even lowered.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I just ordered a pair of the Infiniti rear STB end links from Nashua Infiniti. IridiumRS400 put the fear of God in me about my end link bushings and I'm not even lowered.
Me too lol 😂

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you replace the stock rear end links, you'll see how wimpy they are. The bolts just float around in the soft rubber isolators. Since your Qs are not lowered, a good starting point for adjusting the length of the replacement end links is the OEM end link, so adjust them off the car, leaving one turn-buckle just snug, and see what minor adjustments are needed when connected on the car. When snugging up, make sure the rod end (w/bearing) doesn't turn, to keep the bearing parallel within the rod end (you'll see this mentioned in the instructions).

Good luck!

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
When you replace the stock rear end links, you'll see how wimpy they are. The bolts just float around in the soft rubber isolators. Since your Qs are not lowered, a good starting point for adjusting the length of the replacement end links is the OEM end link, so adjust them off the car, leaving one turn-buckle just snug, and see what minor adjustments are needed when connected on the car. When snugging up, make sure the rod end (w/bearing) doesn't turn, to keep the bearing parallel within the rod end (you'll see this mentioned in the instructions).

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply! Will do as you've explained. (y) (y)

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
732 Posts

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice! I too will order.
I will say, my car does feel stiffer and planted; I am also more confident when bombing a canyon, is this a placebo effect?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.