Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a sticky that lists commonly used, consumable parts and fluids, applicable part numbers and where to find them might be helpful to others here. Spark plugs, air filters, oil filters, wiper blades, ATF, synth oils, and anything else you can think of listed in one place. They don't have to be Infiniti parts either.

So post up suggestions on what all you think would be beneficial to have on this list and your thoughts on how it should be organized. Then I'll see what I can put together.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TPMS sensors & rebuild kits, in cabin filters

Reactions: GTA-RS400

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Driver or passenger AC warm air DIY.. Common issue, easy fix with the DIY
I was thinking more along the lines of parts and consumables instead of procedures.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,215 Posts
The paint codes and colors..

I thought it was a sticky already.

Reactions: MikeD1

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,051 Posts
I think a sticky that lists commonly used, consumable parts and fluids, applicable part numbers and where to find them might be helpful to others here. Spark plugs, air filters, oil filters, wiper blades, ATF, synth oils, and anything else you can think of listed in one place. They don't have to be Infiniti parts either.

So post up suggestions on what all you think would be beneficial to have on this list and your thoughts on how it should be organized. Then I'll see what I can put together.
I have lots of thoughts on stickies. Year to year and trim to trim differences. Known issues (with solutions). Suggested modification order with suggested after market part options. Etc. But, sticking to your original intention:

In addition to the previously listed maintenance fluids, filters, names and part numbers, etc., we should list the recommended change interval even if (especially if) it deviates from the owner's manual.

Any recommended maintenance NOT on the factory maintenance schedule (ex. diff fluid change, etc.)

Maybe an image/attachment of the factory maintenance schedule.

Capacities.

Recommended oil viscosity(s) based on climate.

Plug tool size and torque spec?

Whether or not oil, fuel, or intake additives/cleaners are recommended or not.

Recommendation to use DOT 4 brake fluid instead of DOT 3?

Brake pads and rotors, sports and non-sports.

Thanks for doing this 53. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
All good stuff. Might even extend to that there used to be a post on the g35 forums that gathered info on aftermarket parts by category and members reviews. Like different exhaust and everyone’s ratings and opinions etc etc

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If we don't keep a narrow focus on this and expand the scope to include more than the original proposal, then it will become unwieldly and too much for me to maintain. I'd prefer to start simple with common parts, their part numbers (by trim and engine variants) when there is more than one. We can create future, different stickies for procedures and reviews if necessary. I've got enough to do already without having to maintain some massive database of stuff. Always looking for volunteers to help with things like this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
^^^ Yeah, at some point it becomes a WIKI and not a 'sticky' thread and that requires a lot more time & effort to maintain !

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Mr. Roboto, just a suggestion...

...hyperlinks to FAQ.

For example:

FAQ

* Oil change interval

* Oil filter options

* Air filter options

* Tire And wheel fitment

* Q50 and Q60 model differences

All of these should point to main threads that cover those details. If the answer is short, we may have the hyperlink and answer.

For example:

* Oil filter options (This is a hyperlink)
- Nissan 15208-65F0E is OEM
- Nissan 15208-9E01A is larger but fits.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How about links to threads or external resources listing the following:
  • Oil Change DIY
  • Brake pads change
  • Paddle Shifter Install
  • JB4 Install
  • Axle-back / Cat-back
  • Front Bumper swap
  • Air box/CAI removal/install

·
Registered
213 Posts
An MPG sticky just for sharts & giggles? I've noticed when I swap cars with the wife (to take hers for routine maintenance) my Q50 comes back with around 26MPG (she doesn't use Eco, just drives). I thought this model tops out at 24 MPG?!?! When I drive it I get 16-17MPG. Must be the lead in my right foot.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All good ideas but my scope will be parts. If others want to be responsible for maintaining a different sticky on another topic like procedures or the other topics mentioned above, please volunteer to do so. I've got enough to do already.

I will be having knee surgery next week and I'm not sure how long I'll be laid up but the first couple of weeks I won't be doing much around here until I heal up enough to sit down at a computer. I'll have an ice water circulation jacket on my knee for a couple of weeks and that means no moving around or sitting down in my gaming cockpit where I currently do my posting. Hopefully this won't take long to heal enough so I can get back to normal.

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
269 Posts
Speedy recovery '53

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,051 Posts
All good ideas but my scope will be parts. If others want to be responsible for maintaining a different sticky on another topic like procedures or the other topics mentioned above, please volunteer to do so. I've got enough to do already.

I will be having knee surgery next week and I'm not sure how long I'll be laid up but the first couple of weeks I won't be doing much around here until I heal up enough to sit down at a computer. I'll have an ice water circulation jacket on my knee for a couple of weeks and that means no moving around or sitting down in my gaming cockpit where I currently do my posting. Hopefully this won't take long to heal enough so I can get back to normal.
1.) You have said you "wouldn't be around here much" before (a letter was out on your keyboard?) and that did not happen.
2.) How about an ice circulation jacket for our intakes??? You can patent it!
3.) Good luck my friend! Best to you! Successful surgery and speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts