Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has bolt ons in my sig only a few revisions in from Racebox on 93 pump gas. It's already moving pretty good. The DA was in the 2K area. The blue scatpack I saw on highway on the way to the track was riding my tail when I was doing 15 over then backed off and did a ricer fly by. I had a feeling i would see him at the track fate lined us up lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
In my eyes and AWD vs RWD drag race "win" isn't a fair race. In the first 60 feet you are ahead almost 0.3 seconds and that lead multipoles during the rest of the run.

It would be interesting if you ran again with your AWD fuse pulled.
Based on the trap speed I suspect you will still win, but it would be more of a fair race.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
464 Posts
A properly setup RWD car can 60ft as good or better than a AWD. I never bothered taking my RWD car to the track without at least a drag radial on the car.

In my eyes and AWD vs RWD drag race "win" isn't a fair race. In the first 60 feet you are ahead almost 0.3 seconds and that lead multipoles during the rest of the run.

Based on the trap speed I suspect you will still win, but it would be more of a fair race.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Car has bolt ons in my sig only a few revisions in from Racebox on 93 pump gas. It's already moving pretty good. The DA was in the 2K area. The blue scatpack I saw on highway on the way to the track was riding my tail when I was doing 15 over then backed off and did a ricer fly by. I had a feeling i would see him at the track fate lined us up lol
Oh I was so hoping you'd have a video of you dusting the Scatpack after reading that, happy to see you delivered. ;)

Eh with the right set of tires and setup a RWD car can launch just as well as any AWD car, both have pros and cons anyhow RWD has less driveline loss, less weight and usually better final drive by comparison.

Besides one look at trap speeds will tell the entire story 6mph faster at the end of the 1/4 mile, even if the Scat had AWD it wouldn't close that gap.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,306 Posts

You could say this about any feature in the car. Auto vs Manual, Drag Radials vs Street Tires, V6 vs V8. 1/4 mile is the standard. Faster car won...not just a power contest, it's just as much about putting it down tot the pavement.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,834 Posts

In my eyes the scatpack has 3.4L of displacement and 2 more cylinders advantage. Would be interesting if he pulled the plugs on 2 cylinders and shoved shop towels into the cylinders to drop displacement.

Reactions: Brianq50sport

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry everyone.... I confused physics with Q50 fanboyz facts.
Given the same tires, and approx hp/weight ratio (cylinder count doesn't matter) AWD is ALWAYS faster than RWD in the quarter mile.

Prove me wrong :)

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Given the same tires, and approx hp/weight ratio (cylinder count doesn't matter) AWD is ALWAYS faster than RWD in the quarter mile.

These are strange statements to be making on a q50 forum. You're talking physics trap speed is showing the power to weight ratio difference.

Also the fastest drag cars in the world are all rwd

Also you run what you brung and hope you brought enough is a saying close to a century old now.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,306 Posts
Q50 wins the race, you declare it not to be a real win and make excuses for the losing car and you accuse other of "Fanboy" behavior? The win speaks for itself. Fanboy's deny a loss and make excuses why a race wasn't fair.
So in fantasy land you make a lot of sense. In the real world, everyone brings a different car with trade-offs in weight, power and traction. Everyone buys a car or mods it trying to balance each of these factors. At the end one made better decisions than the other in striking that balance and winning races.

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD
1,239 Posts

For the same car maybe, but scats who want a better 60ft time should be on a tire anyways. Especially on a prepped drag strip.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a "fair race" vs awd car. This is my buddies 2019 Audi S3 has apr intake exhaust and 93 tune.

Reactions: jcb

·
Registered
4,861 Posts

What in the actual? Please stop the drugs....or start as the case may be.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
AWD is heavier. So, there may not be an automatic advantage. A complex equation. Too many variables to simply make a blanket statement that AWD will always win.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

both RWD and AWD Q50s have had 1.4X 60' times. once you put a drag radial or better on a RWD, the margin drops to zero. AWD is king of the streets 9 times out of 10. streets are slippery, it makes sense.

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
806 Posts
Very Nice! I love seeing members on here beating the competition, a race is a race and you won fair and square

1 - 18 of 18 Posts