Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While wiping off my car this morning, i noticed a small nick on the driver side mirror!! After all the careful driving (ie not tailgating, keeping my distance from trucks, etc...), I still have a nick!!!!!!! And it's extremely noticeable to me now!!

Will touch up paint suffice?? It's plastic. :(

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Probably not what you want to hear... but its bound to happen and most likely it won't ever be your fault. Just about every flaw on my car was done at the hands of someone else... h ell the two accidents its been in, I wasn't even in the car nor was it moving! This is one of the rare cases where you can blame everyone else for your problems. lol

·
Registered
982 Posts
While wiping off my car this morning, i noticed a small nick on the driver side mirror!! After all the careful driving (ie not tailgating, keeping my distance from trucks, etc...), I still have a nick!!!!!!! And it's extremely noticeable to me now!!

Will touch up paint suffice?? It's plastic. :(
The best thing for this type of stuff is "dr color chip".
Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Basically, you apply a small dab on the nick. You then "smear it" with the glove. Wait 30 minutes and buff it out with the step 2 solution.

What you get is an almost perfect blend.

I used it on my bumper for all those rock chips.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I dont think youre more of a nut then I am when I comes to paint and care. but rock chips and scratches from other people are bound to happen and theres no way to prevent it. if its just the mirrors, I wpuld probably just leave it and not mess with it as it wont rust, because usually 9/10 times touchup paint or coverup in general doesnt turn out as youd expect and doesnt make it look any better and sometimes even worse.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
585 Posts
The best thing for this type of stuff is "dr color chip".
Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Basically, you apply a small dab on the nick. You then "smear it" with the glove. Wait 30 minutes and buff it out with the step 2 solution.

What you get is an almost perfect blend.

I used it on my bumper for all those rock chips.
You've actually used this product and had good results? Was it on a Q50?

I found this site when I was looking for some touch-up paint, and independent reviews were so-so (seemed for every good review, there was an equally bad review).

If I understand the technology, the 1st "dab" actually "melts/softens the surrounding paint and the 2nd step is a basic "polish" the redistributes the softened paint.

I'd be curious how it would work on the Q50 paint. There were some threads where people were going back and forth on if the paint was self-correcting or not (I never felt comfortable that anybody reached a definitive conclusion).

Maybe I'll get some and try in on a less conspicuous spot to see how well it works.

·
Registered
982 Posts
You've actually used this product and had good results? Was it on a Q50?

I found this site when I was looking for some touch-up paint, and independent reviews were so-so (seemed for every good review, there was an equally bad review).

If I understand the technology, the 1st "dab" actually "melts/softens the surrounding paint and the 2nd step is a basic "polish" the redistributes the softened paint.

I'd be curious how it would work on the Q50 paint. There were some threads where people were going back and forth on if the paint was self-correcting or not (I never felt comfortable that anybody reached a definitive conclusion).

Maybe I'll get some and try in on a less conspicuous spot to see how well it works.
No I used it on my black g35 coupe.

And no, it does not soften the oem paint.

U dab and then smear. Smearing makes it easier to do the second step.

Repeat if necessary. You cannot go wrong using this product. As any excess will buff right out.

If u dab and dont smear, it'll work like a regular touch up product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.