Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't decided what to buy yet since I have so many Apple products already and am actually considering switching from my iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S4 (shhhh!! I've had an iPhone since they came out so I'd be defecting at this point). Considering Bose Noise Canceling Headphones or maybe the FitBot or maybe just swapping the card out for $330 worth of Amazon card via a gift card exchange site! ;)

Sooooo what will you be buying?!?

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm not confident enough to plan spending of those money before I actually got the card.
Infiniti is asking up to 60 days to deliver it. Sounds like forever to me. And there is always something can go wrong along the road.
For example right now I can't register my account on IFS web site. Customer support has no clue what is going on. Q50 is first Infiniti for me and it's bumpy ride so far.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Might get a Mac book. I have an iPhone. iPad. And a pc. 3rd pc in seven years while my sister in laws Mack book lasted her 7 years and counting. I'm going back for my masters so that would help out.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Good thread! Thx! Would LOVE to see what other think... ;)

Well, thought about Galaxy too but I have too many (over a hundred) apps on my iPhone 5 and use many of them daily! And I think I'm quite used to iOS.. ..and personally I feel Galaxy is a bit too big for my hand (although many love the bigger screen). So I really hope Infiniti's iOS will catch up w/android SOON... Starting from letting me reply txt easily w/a few pre-sets! :D

Ok, what to do w/gift card,... def within apple store. Maybe upgrade my hubby's iphone 4s to 5s in Sept (fingers crossed..), then swap with him so I can have the 5s and he uses my 5! :p.

Or the newest iPad mini if they come w/ retinal display..

Or some accessories...

I have a feeling I won't do anything until after Apple has their announcement in Sept...:cool: Kinda exciting! :D

EDIT: Wait, what am I talking about! What CAN I do! Even after Apple releases whatever, my Q50 probably is still in the ocean or somewhere... :eek::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not confident enough to plan spending of those money before I actually got the card.
Infiniti is asking up to 60 days to deliver it. Sounds like forever to me. And there is always something can go wrong along the road.
For example right now I can't register my account on IFS web site. Customer support has no clue what is going on. Q50 is first Infiniti for me and it's bumpy ride so far.
Many of us already received our Apple gift card, less than two weeks after registering for the card. Now, the Infiniti gift card some of us are getting instead of basic maintenance coverage (because we had already purchase the maintenance package) seems to be taking longer.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might get a Mac book. I have an iPhone. iPad. And a pc. 3rd pc in seven years while my sister in laws Mack book lasted her 7 years and counting. I'm going back for my masters so that would help out.
I love my MacBook and never had to put virus protection on it because I refused to open it up to Windows software. I recently bought one of those All-In-One touch screen Sony computers (think of it like a huge tablet) and I love it but it already has issues!

Good thread! Thx! Would LOVE to see what other think... ;)

Well, thought about Galaxy too but I have too many (over a hundred) apps on my iPhone 5 and use many of them daily! And I think I'm quite used to iOS.. ..and personally I feel Galaxy is a bit too big for my hand (although many love the bigger screen). So I really hope Infiniti's iOS will catch up w/android SOON... Starting from letting me reply txt easily w/a few pre-sets! :D

Ok, what to do w/gift card,... def within apple store. Maybe upgrade my hubby's iphone 4s to 5s in Sept (fingers crossed..), then swap with him so I can have the 5s and he uses my 5! :p.

Or the newest iPad mini if they come w/ retinal display..

Or some accessories...

I have a feeling I won't buy anything until after Apple has their announcement in Sept...:cool: Kinda exciting! :D
I like the way you think TT! Upgrade your husband's phone and them swap with him! Sounds right to me!! Ha Assuming the 5s/6 really happens in September! I have about 600 apps and at least $100 in purchased apps AND I spent over $120 on Swarovski crystals to make a custom phone case so I hate to get rid of my iPhone as well (and considering I'm 4'11" I have small hands as well so worry about the size of the Galaxy too) but the iPhone just isn't impressing me much in the last couple of phones. I'm ready for a change and for better! The US is crazy for an iPhone but it is not the most sold phone worldwide.

Of course I also have to consider whether or not changing to the Galaxy would mean I'd lose my grandfathered plan of unlimited data plan with AT&T! Won't drop that!!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I haven't decided what to buy yet since I have so many Apple products already and am actually considering switching from my iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S4 (shhhh!! I've had an iPhone since they came out so I'd be defecting at this point). Considering Bose Noise Canceling Headphones or maybe the FitBot or maybe just swapping the card out for $330 worth of Amazon card via a gift card exchange site! ;)

Sooooo what will you be buying?!?
There are gift card exchange sites?!?! I was planning on trying to sell mine on ebay. Galaxy S4 is awesome and has sooooo many more options than an iphone.

·
Registered
396 Posts
but the iPhone just isn't impressing me much in the last couple of phones. I'm ready for a change and for better! The US is crazy for an iPhone but it is not the most sold phone worldwide.
Totally agree! I am ready for a change and for better too, ... Just a bit too "loyal" sometimes. ..;) :). And definitely android sells much more in the world, ... but that doesn't change MY decision. :cool:

Still have the unlimited data from AT&T, wow! GOOD FOR YOU! .. Well, if you change phone within AT&T, wouldn't they honor the same data plan? So whats the newest Galaxy? S4?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Totally agree! I am ready for a change and for better too, ... Just a bit too "loyal" sometimes. ..;) :). And definitely android sells much more in the world, ... but that doesn't change MY decision. :cool:

Still have the unlimited data from AT&T, wow! GOOD FOR YOU! .. Well, if you change phone within AT&T, wouldn't they honor the same data plan? So whats the newest Galaxy? S4?
I've definitely been loyal to Apple products for years (MacBook, 5 iPhones, iPad, countless iPods and a few other items). I just don't know if I want to stick it out for much longer! iTunes drives me insane how it makes it so difficult to use music elsewhere other than on their products....even my own CDs.

Yup, still have the unlimited plan at AT&T and its too good to pass up. I don't think I will lose it just by changing my phone because I've upgraded my iPhone a couple of times since it was grandfathered. But I know Verizon won't let my sister upgrade her current phone without losing her grandfathered plan, so I'll definitely research that before switching.

Yes, the latest Galaxy is the S4 (and also an "Active" version which is waterproof for up to 30 minutes! Pretty cool!)!

There are gift card exchange sites?!?! I was planning on trying to sell mine on ebay. Galaxy S4 is awesome and has sooooo many more options than an iphone.
Yup!! Definitely check them out before selling it on eBay!!! Here is a good review of the top options: Gift Card Exchange Review 2013 - TopTenREVIEWS

Reactions: gbert15 and tt_45

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
New iPad mini for the wife.

By the way, I believe you can keep your grandfathered data plan if you buy the phone without the Verizon subsidy. Not 100% sure but if you pay full price for a new phone I believe you can keep the unlimited data. Worth checking out but an expensive option for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New iPad mini for the wife.

By the way, I believe you can keep your grandfathered data plan if you buy the phone without the Verizon subsidy. Not 100% sure but if you pay full price for a new phone I believe you can keep the unlimited data. Worth checking out but an expensive option for sure.
Yeah there is no way my sister will pay full price for her phone when she can get it for the 2 year plan deal.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Good info iChick! I didnt know there was a site for that! At least with Amazon, I can have a variety to give to my god kid! Thanks! :)

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Apple card may be good to buy Iphone 5S (due Sept 10) as apple will give you $200 for old iphone.
iphone 5 S will go well with Q50 S

·
Registered
302 Posts
IF I get the iTunes card any time soon (I'm holding the dealer survey for ransom and they know it), I'll use it when upgrading my iPhone to the 5S and keep it out of trouble with my 'finance manager' (aka wife).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.