Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Where can I buy a spare tire and jack for a 2017 Q50 redsport? The dealer is ridiculous on his prices.
Unless you have spare tire mounting package (which you obviously do not) - even if you get matching donut - you will have hard time placing it in the trunk. Get air compressor and slime kit. If you must have scissor jack - standard Nissan one fits just fine.
Beside - if you have towing as part of insurance, or as part of Michelin total care (up to 150 miles tow) - why do you care about 50 miles spare?
Worse comes to worst - have a can of fix-a-flat (I managed to drive 20K on tire with it inside and no further repairs -rear one)

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello, picking up this thread again, and thanks to those ahead of me, as I was able to purchase a spare, with the proper tools and foam for my '15 hybrid. Found on ebay for less than $250 shipped.

One tool is "missing", thoughts as to what it is and what it does? Please see items in red.

thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
My "Spare" from the dealership did not have that "tool." I am also interested as to what that is?

·
Registered
360 Posts
My "Spare" from the dealership did not have that "tool." I am also interested as to what that is?
Same here, I have always wondered about that. If I remember correctly my G35 had a “shift lock” near the shifter. Or maybe it’s for popping out the center cap to get to the lug nuts? But our cars don’t have those type of wheels.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
?
Thanks

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,300 Posts
After popping the cap off the shift lock release on a Q50, you use the mechanical key that is in the fob to release the shift lever. I have no idea what the function of that tool is.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
I'm gonna guess Osa500 is correct that the tool is/was included for vehicles that had a cover over the lug nuts that had to be pried off before a tire change. The other end probably served some purpose in another vehicle (maybe even for another car manufacturer as I gotta believe this stuff is sourced from an outside supplier) for loosening a nut of some kind...or tightening a recovery hook or something. Vehicles that didn't need it didn't get it...no need to make a different foam holder.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
A $0.02 sticker that says "intentionally left empty" would quell owners from thinking a tool was "missing ".

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
we were close -

The correct answer from Infiniti is: The missing piece is a 10 mm wrench and screwdriver like tool. It is used to remove the center cap from your wheel so you can access the lug nuts. Your Q50 doesn't have caps covering the lug nuts so this tool isn't applicable to your model. If you wanted to have it anyway they sell for $12.80 and are about 1 week away.

I'd like the $.02 sticker :)

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
Stickers avalible from me at $1.99 each +shipping and insurance. Minimum order qty 10 units. Continental USA orders only. No returns

?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts