Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my speakers on the passenger sides have been rattling for quite some time now. It usually starts rattling when the volume is almost maxed out. Anyone else have similar problem like this?

I haven't called my dealership about it, but I will probably put that in when I get my next service done

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
it probably isnt the speaker itself, but a part of the car, maybe the door panel etc, common as loud stereos tend to be more then the car can handle.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yep. If a song got a lots of hard hitting bass, the door will rattle at high volume. The only way to resolve that is to apply Dynamat inside the entire door frame. On my previous car, I put an 8" speaker on my door. I had to Dynamat the entire door until when I knock on the door, it felt like concrete.

I might be wrong, but any time you max out the OEM speaker volume in most cars, you're probably gonna get some rattling depending on what you're listening to.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
when I get a little past half volume, which is already pretty loud for me, vibrations start at that point. which is why I havent taken the step to install sub, because that'll just make it worse, and isnt a trade off im about to sacrifice to have deeper and louder bass

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cars sound system is pretty good, no distortions or anything, I just think there's some look plastic or something

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same here. Driver side front door. Also have a rattle from the center console. Need to make an appointment.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I had two trim peices rattle from the bose speakers in the front.
I'll try to posts some detailed pics this weekend.

One was my drivers side door.
It was from the trim piece around the door handle.
The chrome/metal looking trim piece that goes around the door handle that is about a foot long or so.
I jammed some paper into the bottom of it, and that fixed that one.

The second was from plastic case that envelops all your dome light buttons and s-o-s button on the ceiling.
This one I haven't permanently fixed yet.
Basically I can just touch my finger on the edge near the pasanger side seat and it fixes it when it does happen.
The dome light rattle is really sporadic and doesn't happen to often.

If you can make it happen when your car is not moving, go sit in the passenger seat and just gently push against the trim piece around the door handle.
See if it fixes it.
If it does.. jam something under it to make it tight or just take it to the dealer and have them do it.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Something's gone awry with my rear speakers; just started acting up after I got back from a week long trip a few days ago. Turned up the volume & all of a sudden I started hearing some nasty distortion that would "jump" back & forth from normal sound quality to extreme fuzziness. That's how I know it's not a normal occurrence; never happened before. It works fine mostly, but when it starts to sound bad, it seems like the speakers want to blow out. I realize this is an isolated incident with my car. I'll be taking it in to the dealer sometime this week; my guess is they'll have to replace the rear set. Why can't the **** car just work as advertised. [email protected](*&(&#(*@^#&$Y^#( :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Why can't the **** car just work as advertised. [email protected](*&(&#(*@^#&$Y^#( :mad:
Well, in this case, it seems to be something a little different. Most squeaks and rattles should be totally covered by warranty are are considered expected issues that aren't really out of the ordinary.

It's not like your backup camera went all inverted on you. >:D Now that's not a very unexpected issue and should be a lot more problematic, imo.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I have the same problem. Does this happen on other luxury brands though? Would this happen on a BMW? I'd feel less ghetto about it if Infiniti isn't the only one.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have the same problem. Does this happen on other luxury brands though? Would this happen on a BMW? I'd feel less ghetto about it if Infiniti isn't the only one.

In my BMW, the driver's door speaker would sometimes stop working. A sharp rap with an open palm would usually fix it. No, I did not hit my head with the open palm.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
KLamalama,

I guess rattling is much better than for it to just stop working.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm getting this too. Just on the passenger side, I was thinking maybe the speaker was blown, but that would make it sound terrible all the time. You only hear it when up at least halfway and heavy bass. Hopefully they come up with a fix, but good to know it's probably just a vibration and not speaker already failing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.