Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
The ICC sensor is located behind (A):

I would definitely hit up the service department about the sensor alignment since they worked on the differential seals. That could be the problem causing the C1105 DTC. Dirt and grease buildup on the sensor can affect its operation also. Do you still get the C1105 DTC after cleaning the sensor?

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks again for the very informative reply. Sometimes it can take four or five drive cycles to get the errors again, including C1105, so I will be on the lookout. Right now the dash lights are clear and my scanner (OBD Fusion with Infiniti enhancements) does not seem to allow me to clear individual codes. I assume that the ABS light would come on again whenever there is an active C1105.

For the ICC sensor, the bumper fascia is completely clean. I guess the next step is to pull the bumper and have a look at the sensor itself.

I'm starting to get a bit more concerned that this is a problem with the control unit(s). A dirty radar sensor and a bad rear-right wheel speed sensor seem like very specific, and unrelated problems. My initial thought in just looking at the dash lights was that there was a physical failure in one system that was causing the other systems to go into failsafe mode, but unless that happens by setting specific physical failure codes in those systems, it is not looking good.

There was also a previous P0500, which is how I found this post. Although that has stayed clear for a while, I'm not sure if it is related to any of these other things. Is the transmission speed sensor compared to the ABS wheel speed sensor, or are those unrelated?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
The ECM gets speed signals from two sources, the ABS actuator and electric control unit (wheel speed sensor) and the TCM (output speed sensor). If you are driving at more than 13 MPH and the ECM sees a difference of greater than 10 MPH between these two calculated vehicle speeds, it throws a P0500 DTC and goes into fail-safe mode (limp mode).

Without a CONSULT scan tool to troubleshoot the control units, it is difficult to pinpoint where the problem might reside. A lot of this is interrelated so before you tear things apart or start throwing money at replacement parts, I'd take the car in and complain about the sensor alignment as well as the other DTCs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Roger that. The bumper pull was only ten minutes I wiped off the ICC sensor housing and the back side of the bumper fascia over the sensor, so I'm confident that there doesn't to be any physical blockage that would drop that code again.

Next step is to see if any lights happen again after the cleaning of the ABS and ICC sensors. If they do, it is going to Infiniti. Hopefully they won't be mad that I've been clearing codes, but I was performing valid troubleshooting and remediation steps.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll update when I have a final (or at least an interim) determination.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 S AWD hybrid rocketship
11 Posts
FWIW, I finally broke down and bought the expensive factory RT Rear speed sensor and my codes self cleared. I tried a cheaper part from Rock Auto with failed to work. The local dealer quoted $411 for the part, got it mail ordered from Grubbs INFINITI -$325. I saw the part was made by Hatchi for Nissan, took this pic of the bag. Dealer wanted $300 labor to install, the second time around I did it in 30min, in the driveway. 1st time was 2 hours.
20200828_141155.jpg

21 - 25 of 25 Posts