Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So test drove the Q50 and definitely like! Looking forward to the possibility of being in one soon. Question to those on the forum: a lot of the cars out there are already optioned with the Splash guards plus illuminated kickplates. Wanted to know if you'd pay the extra $540 for those add-ons. I found a car out there without them out there to so what do you think? Yes for splash guards and illuminated kickplates or no? They add to the look but I live in So Cal so don't drive in that much snow/rain. Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Lighted kick plates are good but only rear splash guards ant front.
Price for both $450-475 is reasonable.

·
Registered
139 Posts
didn't look closely at the car b/c it was already installed. Do some come with anterior and rear?
No, if they're installed at the port, then it will be all 4 of them. There's just a preference by some folks here on the forum for only having the rears because they seem to blend in a little better than the front ones.

I thought I didn't like them, but after looking at them again in person this weekend, I think I can live with them (a car is coming in with all the specs I'm looking for and they're already installed on it).

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Didn't think I'd necessarily like the splash guards, but on my Liquid Plat they really blend well with the organic lines of the car & certainly add a sportier look. Not sure if they'd look as "fit" on every color. Illuminated kick plates came packaged too; wouldn't build a car with these, but mine was available w/ them so I took it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: prosgal73

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see, thanks for the explanation. Ok if it's on the lot it must be all four but I just looked at the rear ones. I'm looking at the Moonlight White and the dealership carries both with and without, but at first glance it did have a sportier look. I guess it's only a few hundred more but since I have the option to get them without, pondering what to do...

·
Registered
146 Posts
If I had it to do over again I would get the illumination. If you won't get much utility out of the splash guards I'd say its not worth it. I wouldn't let either hold up a decision though... If i found one I liked and could get it now, whether it had it didn't have either wouldn't prevent me from buying.

Reactions: prosgal73

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you think they would 'fit' with the Moonlight White? Unfortunately I'm just looking at the Premium not the sport so not sure if they'll add much. Too many options!

Didn't think I'd necessarily like the splash guards, but on my Liquid Plat they really blend well with the organic lines of the car & certainly add a sportier look. Not sure if they'd look as "fit" on every color. Illuminated kick plates came packaged too; wouldn't build a car with these, but mine was available w/ them so I took it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem is that I have the option, aargh! One has the illuminated kick plates/splash guards and one doesn't. Decisions, decisions...thanks to everyone for the great feedback though but I know it's ultimately my decision and it really shouldn't hold up a decision.
If I had it to do over again I would get the illumination. If you won't get much utility out of the splash guards I'd say its not worth it. I wouldn't let either hold up a decision though... If i found one I liked and could get it now, whether it had it didn't have either wouldn't prevent me from buying.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Problem is that I have the option, aargh! One has the illuminated kick plates/splash guards and one doesn't. Decisions, decisions...thanks to everyone for the great feedback though but I know it's ultimately my decision and it really shouldn't hold up a decision.
aren't options wonderful? :D i think the kick plates are cool and i don't think the splash guards ruin the look, especially not the back. still undecided? flip a coin and buy one of those bad boys!! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, hahaha :) in the last hour I went from Yes to now No to illumination and no to splash guards :confused: i don't do well with options.

aren't options wonderful? :D i think the kick plates are cool and i don't think the splash guards ruin the look, especially not the back. still undecided? flip a coin and buy one of those bad boys!! :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lol, hahaha :) in the last hour I went from Yes to now No to illumination and no to splash guards :confused: i don't do well with options.
what?!?!?! what happened? if the illumination and splash guards aren't jumping out at you, then they probably aren't really that important to you... no need to pay for something that isn't.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$ happened to me, lol :) I'm planning a purchase and i'm actually getting some cold feet b/c of the all In Touch issues I read about on this forum. This forum is a wealth of info and I appreciate all the feedback but all the gripes I read about are making me hesitant so I figure if I can price things down I won't have any regrets. I know i'm coming from a logical standpoint but I still love the car, think it looks great! i looked at the new Lexus IS and there is no comparison. IS looks strange to me, i thought the old one looked better. So hopefully I can strike a good deal in the next couple of weeks although they probably aren't dealing much on this new model

what?!?!?! what happened? if the illumination and splash guards aren't jumping out at you, then they probably aren't really that important to you... no need to pay for something that isn't.

·
Registered
146 Posts
$ happened to me, lol :) I'm planning a purchase and i'm actually getting some cold feet b/c of the all In Touch issues I read about on this forum. This forum is a wealth of info and I appreciate all the feedback but all the gripes I read about are making me hesitant so I figure if I can price things down I won't have any regrets. I know i'm coming from a logical standpoint but I still love the car, think it looks great! i looked at the new Lexus IS and there is no comparison. IS looks strange to me, i thought the old one looked better. So hopefully I can strike a good deal in the next couple of weeks although they probably aren't dealing much on this new model
understood... just giving you a hard time. realistically, if you have to ask, i think subconsciously you're really not into them. probably best to forgo the illumination and splash guards.

regarding the software issues, it really comes down to how much patience you think you have for them, because they are real. i've yet to experience them, but after reading all the posts i believe i would still purchase. that's not to say that i think people should accept the issues... if you pay for something, it should work and i don't accept the "it's a new car, give it some time" nonsense. are the lock-ups enough of an annoyance to you to deter or postpone purchase? only you can decide your tolerance, but i suspect it's a little less of a sting if you purchase knowing there will be some issues. good luck to you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the honest and candid advice, appreciate it! yes expecting problems not sure why but i guess it is what it is. Hope you're enjoying your new ride, nice! I actually think the Q50 looks the best in Graphite, sleek for sure! but i've been wanting to get back into a white car so now's the time for me.

understood... just giving you a hard time. realistically, if you have to ask, i think subconsciously you're really not into them. probably best to forgo the illumination and splash guards.

regarding the software issues, it really comes down to how much patience you think you have for them, because they are real. i've yet to experience them, but after reading all the posts i believe i would still purchase. that's not to say that i think people should accept the issues... if you pay for something, it should work and i don't accept the "it's a new car, give it some time" nonsense. are the lock-ups enough of an annoyance to you to deter or postpone purchase? only you can decide your tolerance, but i suspect it's a little less of a sting if you purchase knowing there will be some issues. good luck to you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
thanks for the honest and candid advice, appreciate it! yes expecting problems not sure why but i guess it is what it is. Hope you're enjoying your new ride, nice! I actually think the Q50 looks the best in Graphite, sleek for sure! but i've been wanting to get back into a white car so now's the time for me.
I love it and am not one to try to justify my purchase. I believe the software issues will be corrected, so for me they aren't a huge deal. If you think it might be for you, but love the car otherwise, you might give it a little time and see if they're corrected next month. Hope you find what you're looking for. Keep us posted either way :).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would wait but it just ran into car trouble so gotta decide quick. didn't want to wait too long anyways b/c this board might scare me into another car lol :) I figure the fact that I like the looks of car so much will get me through the rough patches with the software issues. Thanks again for listening to my rant

I love it and am not one to try to justify my purchase. I believe the software issues will be corrected, so for me they aren't a huge deal. If you think it might be for you, but love the car otherwise, you might give it a little time and see if they're corrected next month. Hope you find what you're looking for. Keep us posted either way :).

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would wait but it just ran into car trouble so gotta decide quick. didn't want to wait too long anyways b/c this board might scare me into another car lol :) I figure the fact that I like the looks of car so much will get me through the rough patches with the software issues. Thanks again for listening to my rant
You have the Q fever and the only cure is a Q purchase... You won't go with another car :)

There are some annoying things right now with this vehicle... But I've never questioned my decision and a month later love the car even more than the day of purchase. There are stout competitors though... Would hate for you to make a rush decision, but If styling is very important (as it is for me) you'll be very happy in the Q.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.