Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my dealership has informed me that they located the car I want, but it has all sorts of factory installed extras (splash guards, winter mats, illuminated kick plate and carpeted trunk mat).

Two questions:

1. I guess I can live with all these, except potentially the splash guards. These tend to just look "tacked on" to me, although I haven't seen a Q50 with them yet. Interestingly, my dealer doesn't have one on the lot with them, either. Does anyone have them and if so can you post a photo?

2. Perhaps more importantly, it sounds a bit like they may be trying to upsell me. Are these things REALLY installed from the factory and on the window sticker? Seems odd to me that they would be.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Splash guards dont look that bad. They're body painted and might actually help when rain water kicks up on the doors. I hate when it rains and my graphite shadow has these white water spots on the side.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I hate when it rains and my graphite shadow has these white water spots on the side.
Me too! I carry a small spray bottle of Griots Garage Spray Shine and a cleaning cloth. Takes me 2 minutes to get rid of the water spots (usually while waiting for my wife...)

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The splash guards are port installed. I've had them on my Gs, and recommend them. They keep the area right behind the wheels much cleaner. Also, that's the area most likely to be pitted with gravel, so that's another reason to have them. But you are right, these things that are on your car are "add-ons" that give the dealer easy profit. If the splash guards are already on the car, leave them there. However, I don't see any reason why you have to take the mats if you don't want them. They come right out.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Me too! I carry a small spray bottle of Griots Garage Spray Shine and a cleaning cloth. Takes me 2 minutes to get rid of the water spots (usually while waiting for my wife...)
Haha I have a bottle of Turtle Wax Ice and cleaning cloth to do the same.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The splash guards are port installed. I've had them on my Gs, and recommend them. They keep the area right behind the wheels much cleaner. Also, that's the area most likely to be pitted with gravel, so that's another reason to have them. But you are right, these things that are on your car are "add-ons" that give the dealer easy profit. If the splash guards are already on the car, leave them there. However, I don't see any reason why you have to take the mats if you don't want them. They come right out.
I haggled with my dealer to have them installed at no cost :D They were not installed at the port. Once they come in. Hopefully soon, but whenever.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I've seen the Turtle Wax Ice series lately. Are you happy with the products?
Yeah I've been using it for a couple of years now on all of our cars. Love it! Gives a nice shine to the car.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I haggled with my dealer to have them installed at no cost :D They were not installed at the port. Once they come in. Hopefully soon, but whenever.
I think i might get these. Are there any pics of what they look like for the back wheels?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
The splash guards are port installed.
This part is true. Port installed. Dealer doesn't usually get any say regarding some of the port-installed options, unless you specifically order them.

But you are right, these things that are on your car are "add-ons" that give the dealer easy profit.
This is not true. We don't add these things on unless you order them. And the profit in them is negligible. Like a couple of dollars. There may be some good profit in them for Infiniti, but the dealer isn't getting rich here and is definitely not trying to rip you off.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The splash guards are good for wet & snowy climate. They are not easy to install as the wheels have to be removed to install them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.