Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question about how some of you went about getting bolts and washers drilled into the bumper of the car and the splitter, how did you get them drilled in?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Quick question about how some of you went about getting bolts and washers drilled into the bumper of the car and the splitter, how did you get them drilled in?
What product are you asking about? Stillen?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm not sure if I will use bolts/washer. I'm going to try and see if those body push rivets, like the ones used on the front lower under splash shield will work.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I used a few screws, no need for washers, all the holes are in discreet spots that will not show if you ever take it off.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I used a few screws, no need for washers, all the holes are in discreet spots that will not show if you ever take it off.
I think the point of the bolts vs screws is so it doesn't fall off. See Fw's link.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think the point of the bolts vs screws is so it doesn't fall off. See Fw's link.
I didn’t originally put mine on but after getting my front end painted I had to screw it back in, and that thing will never fall off, I was weary of it falling off at first also but once I put it back on I now know that will never come off, there’s multiple screws and the ones used are pretty long. Go with what you thinks best though!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I didn’t originally put mine on but after getting my front end painted I had to screw it back in, and that thing will never fall off, I was weary of it falling off at first also but once I put it back on I now know that will never come off, there’s multiple screws and the ones used are pretty long. Go with what you thinks best though!

Mine's at the shop getting painted and installed as we speak. I did not make any special requests for bolts, I just gave them the hardware that came with the lip. I'll decide later if I want to add a few bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
You wouldn't want to fasten a splitter to your bumper. You'd want to fasten it to some metal structure, i.e., the bumper beam (crash bar) rather than the bumper.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You wouldn't want to fasten a splitter to your bumper. You'd want to fasten it to some metal structure, i.e., the bumper beam (crash bar) rather than the bumper.
The bumper beam is the bumper and the part the lip attaches to is the bumper cover ;) but I know what you mean. :)

I guess I'll take my chances. My '96 Maxima Stillen lip had the typical screws in the fenders and very little lip to bumper cover contact area where I used glue believe it or not, and I never lost that lip. The '97 - '99 Maxima Stillen lips are awesome because they go up and inside the lower bumper cover opening giving plenty of contact area and gravity works in your favor. With the Q50 lip that literally mounts underneath the front bumper cover edge, gravity works against us!

·
Registered
890 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts