Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,928 Posts
Chech the link below and scroll down to the graph. My DS2500 pads are the purple line, I want to go with the DS1.11 pads. The green line. Apparently they don't squeal and were popular with the 911 turbo drivers at the HPDE class I attended at Palmer Motorsports park. I'll buy them in a month or so. I have the DS2500 pads and miss the performance I had with my track pads, but don't miss the noise!

https://www.ferodoracing.com/products/car-racing/racing-brake-pads/ds1-11/

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Great question.

VDC or whatever you want to call it will apply brakes to keep from swerving.

This may be related to the lane departure assist.

However, they are dependent on slip and grip.

So, if you were to get brakes that bit harder, the controls would modulate and compensate based on whatever the sensors are picking up.

Android? Any input?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I'm not an android but I think it won't matter. Just because we have bigger or upgraded brakes doesn't necessarily mean it will stop sooner - theoretically yes but in actual application, there's a lot of variances at play.

For instance, the bigger/heavier QX60 braking almost put my BBK to shame ;)

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,686 Posts
I don't see anything in the Brakes or Brake Control section of the service manual that indicates any need for calibration or any additional work.

Lane Departure Prevention isn't controlled by the brakes. There's a camera up by the rear view mirror that monitors the lane markers on the road and if you start to cross over the lane marker, the steering will automatically correct the car back to the center of the lane.

Reactions: mdanish4

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
I'm not an android but I think it won't matter. Just because we have bigger or upgraded brakes doesn't necessarily mean it will stop sooner - theoretically yes but in actual application, there's a lot of variances at play.

For instance, the bigger/heavier QX60 braking almost put my BBK to shame ;)
You cant make the car stop sooner unless you reduce weight or gwt more grip.

Brakes dont make a difference for a single emergency stop. Repeated braking does make a difference as things get hot.

I was referring to the bite as in how much braking is applied versus how much you press the brake pedal.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
You cant make the car stop sooner unless you reduce weight or gwt more grip.

Brakes dont make a difference for a single emergency stop. Repeated braking does make a difference as things get hot.

I was referring to the bite as in how much braking is applied versus how much you press the brake pedal.
Exactly my point. The bite wouldn't matter. Calibration won't be needed in my opinion. I only stated the possible end result of a 'better' bite which can vary but nissan never stated any warning of these variances.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I don't see anything in the Brakes or Brake Control section of the service manual that indicates any need for calibration or any additional work.

Lane Departure Prevention isn't controlled by the brakes. There's a camera up by the rear view mirror that monitors the lane markers on the road and if you start to cross over the lane marker, the steering will automatically correct the car back to the center of the lane.
True. The question might be more relevant to other nissan vehicles such as the QX80 where it uses the brakes for lane departure correction.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
92 Posts
I bought a complete Akebono set removed from 2015 Q50S. Wondering if I can use the brake lines that were removed with them as well or should I use my existing brake lines with Banjo bolts?

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
I bought a complete Akebono set removed from 2015 Q50S. Wondering if I can use the brake lines that were removed with them as well or should I use my existing brake lines with Banjo bolts?
Just order the SS lines and be done with it. Much cleaner installation and better pedal feel.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
^ what IRS4 said...banjo bolts may be different though, check out Adro's post - wait, he must have deleted it already. I'm not sure if that's included with SS lines already, I'm assuming it's not but pls check.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Sport RWD
6 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 2018 Q50s and I don't have the big brakes, instead 12" rotors and 2 piston calipers. From what I could find by searching, there's a performance package and non performance package, are the brakes the only difference?

I do have the 19" sport wheels, so I shouldn't have clearance issues by doing the swap right?🤔

Thanks

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,686 Posts
For 2018, the Performance Package consisted of:

Dynamic Digital Suspension
Sport Brakes
Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters

Your rotors are 12.6" x 1.1" front and 12.1" x 0.6" rear. The BBK kit requires rotors that are 14.0" x 1.3" front and 13.8 x 0.8" rear.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,686 Posts
Don't forget the banjo bolts if they aren't provided. SS brake lines would be good if you've got the money. This would be a good time to change those when you upgrade to a BBK. They can improve your pedal feel and response.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Easiest route to go is a kit from Z1 or ConceptZ. There’s no calibration that’ll be needed.

The only extra thing you’d have to get from a dealer are the dust shields. I recommend those. They do serve a purpose. Don’t skimp when it comes to performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 92 Posts