Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
195 Posts
So from searching on the web and here, will all akebono calipers used on infiniti cars work with our Q?

And do I need to get it rebuilt due to their age?
Yes. All Akebonos BBK used on G37, FX37, FX50, M37, M56, Q50, Q60, and Q70 are the same part number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys I bought the kit from power stop. I was wondering how many banjo bolts do I need to replace that need to be shorter 2 or 4 ? Front or/and Back?

Also I live in Canada, What is the size of the hydraulic Banjo Bolt can I buy it here or It has to be bought from Z1 ?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,690 Posts
Hello Guys I bought the kit from power stop. I was wondering how many banjo bolts do I need to replace that need to be shorter 2 or 4 ? Front or/and Back?

Also I live in Canada, What is the size of the hydraulic Banjo Bolt can I buy it here or It has to be bought from Z1 ?
All four banjo bolts need to be shorter, IIRC. Here's Z1's banjo bolt for $3 each:

Brake Line Banjo Bolt - Z1 Motorsports - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader In 300ZX 350Z 370Z G35 G37 Q50 Q60

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
You can also source it from local infiniti dealership, if you want to get rid of the shipping cost. Also add the copper crush washer in while you're there. It's about a dollar each.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400
12 Posts
FYI, just because I was second guessing myself, the brake pads for the red sport's are the same as all previous sport models that have the Akebono calipers, whether silver or red.

The part numbers for purposes of purchasing OEM pads OR to crossover to aftermarket application are:

D1060-JL00J, front pad set
D4060-JL00J, rear pad set
This is probably a stupid question but I’m going to get tires for my red sport and one of my options is standard brakes or big brakes for the wheels and aren’t the stock red sport brakes big brakes?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,690 Posts
This is probably a stupid question but I’m going to get tires for my red sport and one of my options is standard brakes or big brakes for the wheels and aren’t the stock red sport brakes big brakes?
Yes. The RS has the Akebono BBK as OEM and they are 4 piston up front, 2 piston in the rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the bbk conversion on my premium. What you need:
-Akebono calipers with hardware if not included already (this can be used from any year/model infiniti with the sport brakes)
-Pads with hardware
-Rotors
-Shorter Banjo Bolts
-Uses oem lines, or you can get stainless steel lines (much better pedal feel)

This is assuming you don't buy a full kit will all the necessary items

can you post links or details on the exact rotors, pads, and calipers needed to do the big brake upgrade on a 2017 premium? It used to be somewhere on this site but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, I'm trying to do the biggest possible brake upgrade I can do and fit on stock rims. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
968 Posts
This is the kit I used on my 2017 Premium
Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Parallel

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
968 Posts
My OEM Premium brakes - even with new OEM brake pads - faded after more than two spirited runs. A bit unnerving when you feel the steering wheel vibrate and the car is not slowing down like it usually would. Are they extravagant and could I have gone a cheaper route - most definitely (2-piece sprinkle slotted rotors are definitely a premium option but they do look good 😎!)

As for braking with the new Z1 BBK - on a dime - multiple back to back spirited runs and zero fade and/or steering wheel vibrations.

• Helpful
Reactions: RaceCar

·
Premium Member
2021 Q50 RS400
330 Posts
My OEM Premium brakes - even with new OEM brake pads - faded after more than two spirited runs. A bit unnerving when you feel the steering wheel vibrate and the car is not slowing down like it usually would. Are they extravagant and could I have gone a cheaper route - most definitely (2-piece sprinkle slotted rotors are definitely a premium option but they do look good 😎!)

As for braking with the new Z1 BBK - on a dime - multiple back to back spirited runs and zero fade and/or steering wheel vibrations.
Understood.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts