Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,154 Posts
Because the car's slow as hell in Standard mode.
Ummmm there is no difference in power output Sport vs Standard. A manual mode zero to sixty (or 100 or whatever) would be exactly the same assuming identical shift points and other conditions. Are you confusing it with "Eco"?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ummmm there is no difference in power output Sport vs Standard. A manual mode zero to sixty (or 100 or whatever) would be exactly the same assuming identical shift points and other conditions. Are you confusing it with "Eco"?
I realize that. But in Sport mode the car revs higher and shifts at different points. So it makes the car "feel" faster.

In standard mode my car will be in 5th gear at 35mph.

But the car is at Infiniti right now and I have a 2021 Q50 loaner car that is WAY faster than mine. It's not a Red Sport or anything. In Standard, it feels like mine in Sport. So now I'm wondering if something is wrong with my car.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Mine feels like it also has better throttle response in Sport or Sport+, in general. Talking beyond it simply holding the gear longer, or being 'ready' in a lower gear versus standard mode. The bad part is sometimes it will hold the gear too long in regular throttle input (i.e. not a hard acceleration).

Maybe it's placebo effect though.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
Reactions: darien87

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
But the car is at Infiniti right now and I have a 2021 Q50 loaner car that is WAY faster than mine. It's not a Red Sport or anything. In Standard, it feels like mine in Sport. So now I'm wondering if something is wrong with my car.
So it turns out my car has a bad drivers side turbo. Guess that explains why I thought my car was slow. Interested to see how my car feels when I get it back.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
So it turns out my car has a bad drivers side turbo. Guess that explains why I thought my car was slow. Interested to see how my car feels when I get it back.
We have a thread tracking that if you want to make a post in there with your mods, mileage etc.
So we can track what's going on and see how large of an issue that is (its pretty common sadly).

Reactions: darien87

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
We have a thread tracking that if you want to make a post in there with your mods, mileage etc.
So we can track what's going on and see how large of an issue that is (its pretty common sadly).
Technically, it isn't tracking anything or providing any real useful data analysis. But it is a thread where you can see all of them....

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Technically, it isn't tracking anything or providing any real useful data analysis. But it is a thread where you can see all of them....
It 100% falls under tracking and data collection.

Now how accurate that would be in providing an analysis that is representative of the real world is certainly something that should be taken with heavy skepticism.
But as a generic indication of more common issues and when/how they may occur its pretty hand, Automakers are rarely forthcoming with such information and even
TSB's can be pretty poor indicators of such issues.

Reactions: Brooksbrooks
21 - 29 of 29 Posts