Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the suspension on the Q50 S actually change/adjust as you change the dial to sport mode?

If so what does it do exactly?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
No, the suspension does not change as part of the drive mode selection.

·
Registered
704 Posts
One disappointment has been the level of detail (or lack thereof) in the Owner's Manual. Oh well....

I can't really answer your question but my guess is that it mostly affects the shift points in the transmission.

Any experts???

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
+1 :( Infiniti lacks on this. The others been doing it for a while.
So you want magnetorheological shock absorbers?

I don't. That's why I bought the S model.

Do you know their replacement cost?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Now you mentioned that... I probably don't want it :D (I tend to keep the car longer). Probably worth it if you lease. I never had but tested S4 with the mode before. I thought it is nice to have.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this sucks.. Audi, BMW, and Lexus have it already for the same sticker price and if Infiniti wants to compete with them they need to re-evaluate their product strategy.. I was reading that the Lexus

·
Registered
982 Posts

Why not? I wouldn't mind it. I thought having the ability to "adjust" thing is a good feature. Isn't that why you like DAS?

It's actually pretty nice. Smooth ride when you want it, stiffer ride when you need it. All at a turn of a knob.

Do you know Infiniti has a stupid rear subframe bushing that is filled with liquid? You know that Infiniti doesn't replace only the bushing, but the entire subframe?

You know how much that cost? 2k!

Luckily I got the extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Why not? I wouldn't mind it. I thought having the ability to "adjust" thing is a good feature. Isn't that why you like DAS?

It's actually pretty nice. Smooth ride when you want it, stiffer ride when you need it. All at a turn of a knob.

Do you know Infiniti has a stupid rear subframe bushing that is filled with liquid? You know that Infiniti doesn't replace only the bushing, but the entire subframe?

You know how much that cost? 2k!

Luckily I got the extended warranty.
Not trying to be a smart a** or anything but do you like your car at all? I haven't read all of your nearly 400 posts but I see a lot of negative comments in what I have seen. That plus your signature makes me ask.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
this sucks.. Audi, BMW, and Lexus have it already for the same sticker price and if Infiniti wants to compete with them they need to re-evaluate their product strategy.. I was reading that the Lexus
Well, BMW and Audi, option for option, Infiniti is still less expensive the last time I checked..

and none of them have adjusting steering gear ratios in the way that Infiniti does.

The only car that comes closest in this regard to price is the Lexus IS350 F-Sport but even with that car fully loaded, it lacks a lot of the standard and availabale features you'll find in the Q50.

I think the best and ONLY car you can compare the Q50 to in terms of both price and amenities that offers an advance suspension system would be the Cadillac ATS--which, is ironic since you still wind up with the tradeoff of losing a significant amount of interior volume in comparison.

So, there's tradeoffs everywhere and I'm willing to bet that if the DAS/Q50 included an advanced suspension system will adaptability similar to that of an Audi, there would be a couple more hundred dollars added to the price.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SimpsonTide - yea I figured... After doing some research I found that Infiniti uses a Multi-rear independent suspension system, God knows what it actually does or if it helps in anyway..

Well, BMW and Audi, option for option, Infiniti is still less expensive the last time I checked..

and none of them have adjusting steering gear ratios in the way that Infiniti does.

The only car that comes closest in this regard to price is the Lexus IS350 F-Sport but even with that car fully loaded, it lacks a lot of the standard and availabale features you'll find in the Q50.

I think the best and ONLY car you can compare the Q50 to in terms of both price and amenities that offers an advance suspension system would be the Cadillac ATS--which, is ironic since you still wind up with the tradeoff of losing a significant amount of interior volume in comparison.

So, there's tradeoffs everywhere and I'm willing to bet that if the DAS/Q50 included an advanced suspension system will adaptability similar to that of an Audi, there would be a couple more hundred dollars added to the price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.