Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Planning to get the AWD gasser with sport.

Curious about people's feelings on the seats now that some have been driving a few hundred miles.

G37 sport seats were a bit cramped but I liked the support and thigh extensions.

The marketing material seems to speak about the zero gravity approach like they used in the Altima.

I'd like to hear what people's thoughts are.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I drove about 200 miles this weekend and the seats were very comfortable. I have an AWD Sport and I felt comfortable the entire trip. No fatigue, felt hugged by the seat, didnt feel cramped at all. The thigh extension worked really nice too.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi all. Planning to get the AWD gasser with sport.

Curious about people's feelings on the seats now that some have been driving a few hundred miles.

G37 sport seats were a bit cramped but I liked the support and thigh extensions.

The marketing material seems to speak about the zero gravity approach like they used in the Altima.

I'd like to hear what people's thoughts are.
1st seats in several vehicles my wife has actually liked. Lots of customization (1st seats we've had in a vehicle that allow you to adjust how tightly they wrap around your torso).

She's 5'8" and like how they support her torso and back.

I'm 6'2" and love the thigh extensions. Both drivers seat and passenger seat are some of the most comfortable I've sat in. I can't wait to take it for a longer drive.

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am driving a loaner G37S and personally, I HATE those seats. The metal lined thigh extensions have NO give and actually hurt after a long drive.

The Q50's seats are MUCH better. Although I think the the thigh support could be slightly better but overall they are world better than the G37S's. FYI, my 2010 Acura TL had the best seats I've sat in in years.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I created a thread for this too (probably too early), and hope to hear lots of feedback as well.
I have two cars on order (Premium and Sport) and will make a last minute decision when I get back in the states.... but I will rely heavily on some long term feedback from others.

Here it is for reference - but I will watch this thread closely as well.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/ne...3953-help-premium-vs-sport-seats-fascias.html

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone! That's what I was hoping to hear!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I sat in them off an on for about 7hrs one day last week. No complaints at all! Very comfy!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I've driven over 1500 miles on my hybrid sport already and the seats are fantastic. And I'm 6 ft, 300 lbs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I was narrowing down my choice on which car to buy, I settled on the sport version purely because of the seats. After focusing on them and going back and forth testing it was clear that they fit me better. They provided broader support and I was glad for the thigh support also. I haven't put any miles on them since I don't have a car yet, but I felt good about them as a result of my testing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i don't spend a lot of time in the car, but i did drive 200 miles home from the dealer and had no complaints. some of that ride should probably be discounted as it was my first time in the car and the general excitement would have forgiven any slight seat discomfort. but i like the feel very much. by way of comparison, i'm 6' 3" and 175 lbs. the adjustability is nice. the thigh extender could go out a little more for me, but it's a nice feature.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
You're going to like the Sport seats. I have 850+ miles on the clock and we took a long road trip this past weekend... Everybody was comfortable and happy. The thigh support is surprisingly helpful. There are no pressure points. My wife has chronic back issues and never mentioned experiencing any discomfort in hours of travel over 3 days. :)

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome! Building that excitement again!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am driving a loaner G37S and personally, I HATE those seats. The metal lined thigh extensions have NO give and actually hurt after a long drive.

The Q50's seats are MUCH better. Although I think the the thigh support could be slightly better but overall they are world better than the G37S's. FYI, my 2010 Acura TL had the best seats I've sat in in years.

Good thread since this is something I'm interested in for my long drives, especially since I had back surgery years ago and I need comfort. :)

JR,

How would you compare the TL's seats with the Q50's? Which would you choose, given the choice? Also, did you have any issues with the headrest on the TL? When I drove the early 4G TL's as a loaner, I swear I felt like my head was being pushed forward. It never felt relaxing. Any quirks like that with the Q50?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good thread since this is something I'm interested in for my long drives, especially since I had back surgery years ago and I need comfort. :)

JR,

How would you compare the TL's seats with the Q50's? Which would you choose, given the choice? Also, did you have any issues with the headrest on the TL? When I drove the early 4G TL's as a loaner, I swear I felt like my head was being pushed forward. It never felt relaxing. Any quirks like that with the Q50?
I had a 2006 TL and moved to a 2011 G37 (non sport) and now a Q50S. I think that I would still rank the TL seats as the best comfort-wise, they were the most soft, plush and comfortable over long drives. The Q50S is a close second though and I feel like the sport seats provide more support than the TL and love the thigh extensions. Absolutely no discomfort in them on longer trips.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I agree with Coryn. I had a 2010 TL SH-AWD and those seats honestly were the most comfortable and supportive seat I have ever sat in. The Q50's seat are good too, but still not quite on the level as the TL IMO. It was the first car that I ever had that I would constantly comment to my friends how great the seat were. As for the headrest, I never had that problem. They don't lean forward that much, not like a Volvo or anything so maybe that one was a fluke.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 2006 TL and moved to a 2011 G37 (non sport) and now a Q50S. I think that I would still rank the TL seats as the best comfort-wise, they were the most soft, plush and comfortable over long drives. The Q50S is a close second though and I feel like the sport seats provide more support than the TL and love the thigh extensions. Absolutely no discomfort in them on longer trips.
I was wondering what you thought of the the G37 non-sport seats? Did you consider them a close or distant third? Anything you liked about them and/or disliked about them?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was wondering what you thought of the the G37 non-sport seats? Did you consider them a close or distant third? Anything you liked about them and/or disliked about them?
They were definitely a close third. For the most part the Q50S sports seats feel similar but the added thigh extensions and bolster support are nice. They were very comfortable seats but not quite as soft as the seats in the TL. The g37 seats were perfectly comfortable with no soreness even on 5+ hour drives.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.