Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heres my clay quick polish and wax that i did today getting ready for the sun. Finally got some DSLR pics, but excuse the bokeh was using sisters Nikon as my Canon is not home right now :(. Forgot to take pictures of some 50/50s and the polishing stage too... Anyways pictures include the wrap job that was done a few days ago.

Enjoy :cool:

Products Used :
Meguiars Wash & Wax
DP Universal Clay
Griots Garage 6" Random orbital
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
Lake City CCS White pad
Meguiars NXT 2.0 Sealant
Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Looks great. I'll be doing the same to mine in a couple of weeks. Just waiting for some rain to wash the salt and sand off of the roads here.

Reactions: Vancity808

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Very nice. Did you wrap the chrome accents on the back of the car and around the windows? I hand washed mine yesterday, finding all the nicks from the winter and where the idiot bumped my bumper parking on the street at work. Haven't waxed it yet, going to do that once it warms up a little.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Noice!!!

Love the 6th and 8th pic and the plastidip turned out great man! Thanks for sharing! :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. Did you wrap the chrome accents on the back of the car and around the windows? I hand washed mine yesterday, finding all the nicks from the winter and where the idiot bumped my bumper parking on the street at work. Haven't waxed it yet, going to do that once it warms up a little.
I Plastidipped the two chrome pieces in on the trunk, the window trim, and door handles are wrapped gloss black and soon the front grill too.

Noice!!!

Love the 6th and 8th pic and the plastidip turned out great man! Thanks for sharing! :D
Thanks man, yeah someone kept bustin my balls about getting a real camera out, had to shine her up for the pics ;)

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
573 Posts
Time well spent. Nice!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cant tell if you're joking or not LOL

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Then a piece of advice,
A : dont ever let the dealership wash or wax your car LOL
B : invest in a polisher some decent pads and compounds, it'll cost close to what someone will charge you to do a paint correction, difference is takes you a bit longer to learn everything but in the end pays off as you can polish once a year and keep that black paint mint as ****.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Then a piece of advice,
A : dont ever let the dealership wash or wax your car LOL
B : invest in a polisher some decent pads and compounds, it'll cost close to what someone will charge you to do a paint correction, difference is takes you a bit longer to learn everything but in the end pays off as you can polish once a year and keep that black paint mint as ****.
LOL, dealer only detailed my car twice, once was when I got the car and second was when I got them to polish my whole entire hood which they did a decent job

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I like your load out for waxing/polishing. I've used the NXT liquid but it doesn't shed water for long and tends to evaporate quickly. Here's what I'm using now:

Meguiar's clay bar plus instant detailer spray
Meguair's Premium soap (looks like bananas, smells like fruit)
Meguair's Black Car wax (first application coming tomorrow, I'm excited)
Meguair's tire shine with applicator (so you don't overcoat and sling it everywhere)

Also have some Turtle Wax ice polish. I may or may not use it as the final application. It really does provide an amazing gloss and pop, but bugs and dust are attracted to it for miles around.

Still need a porter/cable, looking at cordless models right now.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I like your load out for waxing/polishing. I've used the NXT liquid but it doesn't shed water for long and tends to evaporate quickly. Here's what I'm using now:

Meguiar's clay bar plus instant detailer spray
Meguair's Premium soap (looks like bananas, smells like fruit)
Meguair's Black Car wax (first application coming tomorrow, I'm excited)
Meguair's tire shine with applicator (so you don't overcoat and sling it everywhere)

Also have some Turtle Wax ice polish. I may or may not use it as the final application. It really does provide an amazing gloss and pop, but bugs and dust are attracted to it for miles around.

Still need a porter/cable, looking at cordless models right now.
I've got the NXT 2.0 and turtle wax black box, i seem to like the results of the megs better, seems better suited to cars without heavy swirls, while the turtle wax fills in swirls but doesnt do much good for just polished cars. I've been looking at buying one of the blackfire black ice waxes for $90... going to be a huge investment..

For DA polishers i recommend the Griots Garage 6", never personally used a Porter cable myself, but i heard its starting to get outdated and underpowered compared to the Meguiars DA and the Griots Garage. Or spend a little more and get the Flex or Rupes.

Heres my "load" some are out of the pictures and in buckets (Havent used the armour all crap in years). Also just ordered the Meguiars 6" microfiber correction kit, Chemical Guy's Silk Shine and Meguiars 105 compound.

Attachments

Reactions: Lunch

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've got the NXT 2.0 and turtle wax black box, i seem to like the results of the megs better, seems better suited to cars without heavy swirls, while the turtle wax fills in swirls but doesnt do much good for just polished cars. I've been looking at buying one of the blackfire black ice waxes for $90... going to be a huge investment..

For DA polishers i recommend the Griots Garage 6", never personally used a Porter cable myself, but i heard its starting to get outdated and underpowered compared to the Meguiars DA and the Griots Garage. Or spend a little more and get the Flex or Rupes.

Heres my "load" some are out of the pictures and in buckets (Havent used the armour all crap in years). Also just ordered the Meguiars 6" microfiber correction kit, Chemical Guy's Silk Shine and Meguiars 105 compound.
I like the bottle arrangement on the shelf, but you need to work on the electrical cords (behind).

·
Registered
573 Posts
I see your Giant road bike on the wall. Do you ride? I have more money invested in my bike wheels than I'd ever get to spend on the Q. I recently gave away my mountain bike, but have a road bike, TT bike, and fixed gear bike in my stable. Oh, and the real money bikes aren't allowed in the garage, I have a room in the house for them.

Reactions: Vancity808

·
Registered
697 Posts
very nicely done!! beat me to it... mine turns 6 in a few weeks and need to detail her as well

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I see your Giant road bike on the wall. Do you ride? I have more money invested in my bike wheels than I'd ever get to spend on the Q. I recently gave away my mountain bike, but have a road bike, TT bike, and fixed gear bike in my stable. Oh, and the real money bikes aren't allowed in the garage, I have a room in the house for them.
It seems weve got a lot in common... ive got a giant TCR, giant defy, giant faith with totem air vivid air, amd full saint setup that ive put most of my money into until I got this car LOL.

and thanks man but im in canada :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: tonypgst
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.