Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m installing my 19” wheels with 275/35 all around, next week. I’m looking for a set of springs (no coilovers for this build). But I want something that’s not super aggressive in terms of drop. I’ll still need to drive with 4 or 5 adults in the car without scraping/rubbing on the fatter tires. What springs would you guys suggest?

Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
I’m installing my 19” wheels with 275/35 all around, next week. I’m looking for a set of springs (no coilovers for this build). But I want something that’s not super aggressive in terms of drop. I’ll still need to drive with 4 or 5 adults in the car without scraping/rubbing on the fatter tires. What springs would you guys suggest?

Thanks
Swift springs.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
275/35-19's in the front? 😳 The tires on a McLaren P1 are 235/35-19 front and 310/30-20 rear. 275 in the front is a LOT of tire! 🙄
How much do your tires and rims weigh. I'd be concerned about damper valving ans springs. Your springs and dampers are designed for a particular weight range. Changing those values can cause problems if not matched. If your wheels are close to OEM you are good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Spring suggestions for comfort > performance

275/35-19's in the front? The tires on a McLaren P1 are 235/35-19 front and 310/30-20 rear. 275 in the front is a LOT of tire!
How much do your tires and rims weigh. I'd be concerned about damper valving ans springs. Your springs and dampers are designed for a particular weight range. Changing those values can cause problems if not matched. If your wheels are close to OEM you are good.

I posted here about the widest front tire I can use. I was told 275 square is doable. If the fronts are too meaty I can just get something smaller and keep them for when the rears need to be replaced.

·
Registered
442 Posts
RSR Downs are what most people are using but my vote goes to Swift Springs

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
275/35-19's in the front? 😳 The tires on a McLaren P1 are 235/35-19 front and 310/30-20 rear. 275 in the front is a LOT of tire! 🙄
I'm running 275 square...no problems...AWD.

I like the big safety margin when tossing the car around.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
I would think 275 is pretty wide for the front too. Glad to know it works. I just had my tires installed this past Saturday. 255/40 front and 275/35 rear. I'm a little bummed because the "stretch" on the front and back doesn't quite match. 255 on a 9.5" rim is not quite the same as 275 on a 10.5" rim. Part of me wishes I went 255 on 9.5" all around. Though... for some reason, my 275s are lighter (if I can trust my scale)! The wider rims are like 6 ounces heavier but the wider tires are a few pounds lighter. I thought tirerack's info was a typo until I confirmed for myself. Not sure why though? Mich Pilot Sport 4S. R19.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Care to share any thoughts on them?

Feel great so far. No bounce or harsh ride. Noticeably less body roll in the corners.
Drop isn’t too low. It’s honestly hard to tell it’s low. Maybe after they settle it will be noticeable. Very happy with them so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Feel great so far. No bounce or harsh ride. Noticeably less body roll in the corners.
Drop isn’t too low. It’s honestly hard to tell it’s low. Maybe after they settle it will be noticeable. Very happy with them so far.
How’s the settle on them now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any new pics of the drop? Thinking about getting a set of these.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts