Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions that I cannot seem to resolve with my Q50. First of all, if you run through a car wash where the wheels are guided by tracks in the floor; does this have any adverse results with the Direct Adaptive Steering? The car is running and in neutral. Second question, is there a way to change the settings so the side mirrors do not go down when you put the car into reverse? I didn't like it on my 540i and not feeling the love for this feature on the Q50.
I have over 5000 miles on it and never realized how nice the new DAS steering was until I drove my wife's 2003 G35 this past weekend. If the IT
Geeks would just get their act together so we can upload our phone apps and as soon as I can burn off the run-flat tires, the car will be perfect!!!;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Second question, is there a way to change the settings so the side mirrors do not go down when you put the car into reverse? I didn't like it on my 540i and not feeling the love for this feature on the Q50.
Toggle the side mirror selector on the driver side door to the center (neither Left or Right).

Reactions: Bentrod

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I have two questions that I cannot seem to resolve with my Q50. First of all, if you run through a car wash where the wheels are guided by tracks in the floor; does this have any adverse results with the Direct Adaptive Steering?
Nope.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a lease and I have three coats of a synthetic wax made for jets on it. I've run all six of my Infiniti's through the car wash and never had any issues other than the car looking great. And BTW I live in New England and not a big fan of freezing my butt off to wash a leased car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So if the knob in the center cancels the auto down, does the auto down only work for one mirror at a time (depending on if the knob is in the L or R)? Or will both mirros auto down as long as the knob isn't in the center.

Thats not good for me...I have OCD and like the knob in the center! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.