Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was having the same issue everyone else was! And they did a software update and then replaced the 3 parts of the DAS control...and today I got the chassis error again!!!!

I called infiniti dealer and service and they are saying and i quote "i don't know what to say besides i'm sorry"...so they have no answer...but wait! i was told that if i go down to my car, start it and run it for 5 minutes...and then i turn it off and back on, the problem will be SOLVED!!!!

INFINITI: make sure you put that on your ads on TV and tell the dealers to tell everyone about that!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Okay so I was having the same issue everyone else was! And they did a software update and then replaced the 3 parts of the DAS control...and today I got the chassis error again!!!!

I called infiniti dealer and service and they are saying and i quote "i don't know what to say besides i'm sorry"...so they have no answer...but wait! i was told that if i go down to my car, start it and run it for 5 minutes...and then i turn it off and back on, the problem will be SOLVED!!!!

INFINITI: make sure you put that on your ads on TV and tell the dealers to tell everyone about that!!!

After these words I would ask my money back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
agree

klimchuk i don't know how to ask for the money back. they are sending me another q50 to use while they try to figure it out yet again....but i don't know what to do about this...

i feel bad for service people as they are just telling me what the engineers at infininti corporate keep telling them...and they have flat out said they agree this is ridiculous...so we will see what happens.

the sales manager is off today so they will talk to him..i told service basically at this point i want sales to take this car back and deal with infiniti corporate on their own and give me a new car or my money back but she said had to tell him tomorrow when he was in.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i told service basically at this point i want sales to take this car back and deal with infiniti corporate on their own and give me a new car or my money back but she said had to tell him tomorrow when he was in.
Wondering if it's covered by lemon law.

In any case good luck!

·
Registered
410 Posts
To Klimchuk's point, I'd just look for Lemon Law lawyer and use them. The good part is that you do not need to pay for it out of pocket. The car manufacturer pays your cost and that is part of the lawsuit. I worked with one firm previously against Infiniti and they decided to fix it, at the end of the day.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have car back...

I got my car back from the dealer, about 24 hours after I dropped it off. Service advisor told me they had replaced the DAST modules but, the work order has no parts listed.

Work order states multiple DTC's stored in DAST 1, 2, 3 - reprogrammed DAST 1, 2, 3 and performed Mode 1 calibration along with steering angle sensor adjustment. As per tech line.

Basically, they updated the programming and recalibrated the system. Well, I'm going to find out if this works or not since where I am is going into the deep freeze again for a prolonged period. If it isn't fixed well, wait until Infiniti get's a load of me. Unfortunately, the update applied on 1.20 didn't fix the problem and I had the DAS crash on start up on 1.22. So, it went back to the dealer on 1.27. This time, the new campaign software was released.

The Infiniti Customer Relations case adviser contacted me today (1.28.2014) after I had picked my car up from the dealership earlier. She did confirm to me that the DAST modules had been replaced on the vehicle on the visit a week ago, even though it wasn't on the shop work order. Infiniti had sent the dealer the parts directly and requested the old modules back. When I picked the car up today (1.28), after having the latest software installed and the system recalibrated to the latest TSB, and even though it turned over slowly, the car started and there were no system errors. The temp was -14f out when I started it after sitting out in -22f temperatures overnight.

So, now, it's a matter of seeing if this continues to be the case over time.

·
Registered
88 Posts

That is the most concerning news I've heard... I feel for you I really do. I've been in battles with Infiniti for the past 3 months, long story short, this is my 2nd Q50s and so far so good. The 3 DAS modules were replaced on the new one and I'm up here in Calgary (Canada). It's been warm, but being Canada, the weather can drop to -40 C in a day.

I appreciate the fact that you understand where the service guys are coming from, they literally are the middle man. Maybe it's time we look at a potential civil lawsuit... It's been happening to a lot of people, not including the ones that haven't reported anything on this forum either.

Keep us posted with whats going on. If I do have a chassis error again, I'm not going back to Infiniti, ill be swapping to the TLX or IS.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well add me to the DAS failure club. I am not happy at all. My first Infiniti and this happens with only 1600 Km on the car.

I am in Toronto and it was cold today (-12 C). I was driving the car all day and then parked to run into the grocery store. When I came out after about 15 minutes, I had a system failure. The car was not cold!

Tired to re-start the car, no luck. Then let it sit then re-start with no luck. It is permanently off.

Taking it in for repair tomorrow.

After reading this thread, should I demand that the modules get replaced?

Or will the new software fix the problem?

How long will the repair take?

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey twister, I'm also in Canada, so I feel your pain.

When I brought my car in for the DAS replacement, at the time, Infiniti didn't know it was because of those modules, so they had my car for about 3 weeks or so. But from what I've read in the other threads, seems to depend if your shop can even order the part, as it seems as though their engineering and manufacturing it at the same time.

Make sure you call Customer Affairs and demand something in return, as this is unacceptable. Explain how this could have potentially happened while your driving, and that their was a recall, but for only 23 vehicles. Why was your car not included? Obviously it should have since you experienced the issue today.

Best of luck my friend!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for the advice code_66. I will be calling Customer Affairs tomorrow as I wait for my car to be fixed. I would like to get the extended warranty for peace of mind.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well add me to the DAS failure club. I am not happy at all. My first Infiniti and this happens with only 1600 Km on the car.

I am in Toronto and it was cold today (-12 C). I was driving the car all day and then parked to run into the grocery store. When I came out after about 15 minutes, I had a system failure. The car was not cold!

Tired to re-start the car, no luck. Then let it sit then re-start with no luck. It is permanently off.

Taking it in for repair tomorrow.

After reading this thread, should I demand that the modules get replaced?

Or will the new software fix the problem?

How long will the repair take?

Thanks
Basically it looks like they have no clue what's causing it at this point as I have heard it happen in cold weather, warm weather, after reprogramming, charging system checks, and after module replacements. There seems to be no constant trend beside the fact that it usually happens when it's cold. Welcome to the club my friend. :cool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
TLX is real and going into sad production.

It is the replacement of the TL and TSX...those cars will be no more.

They got rid of the 6MT and added some more jewel headlights...

The car is a fail....and so is Infiniti's DAS system...

All aboard the FAIL WHALE!
Yeah, Im not exactly thrilled with the state of the new car market lately. Just not many decent options out there.

I might have to go to Toyota/Lexus, which I never thought I would do!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yeah, Im not exactly thrilled with the state of the new car market lately. Just not many decent options out there.

I might have to go to Toyota/Lexus, which I never thought I would do!
For real...everything out there just plain sucks. I cant seem to find a solid RWD+6MT+Beautiful+Value anywhere...so Im going used for a good couple years...until something takes my breath away. I think I am gonna buy a cheap 07 G35 6MT and then save up for a C7 Vette :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.