Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

For anyone else already feeling winter's evil grasp (yes, you know it's evil) --

When I activate the heated steering wheel in the climate controls, I hear a very disconcerting audible click when the feature turns on (usually louder than the volume of whatever's playing through InTouch at the time)

Is that noise part of normal operation? Feature works well otherwise.

Thanks,

Mark

Q50 Premium AWD w/Tech
Graphite Black

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Guys,

For anyone else already feeling winter's evil grasp (yes, you know it's evil) --

When I activate the heated steering wheel in the climate controls, I hear a very disconcerting audible click when the feature turns on (usually louder than the volume of whatever's playing through InTouch at the time)

Thanks,

Mark

Q50 Premium AWD w/Tech
Graphite Black

I hear it also. Guess it's normal.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Mark

Q50 Premium AWD w/Tech
Graphite Black
Since that's a high current draw, I guess that button trips a good size relay. That's probably what you hear.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I heard the same thing this morning.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since that's a high current draw, I guess that button trips a good size relay. That's probably what you hear.
Thanks Guys.

I guess it's normal.

My thoughts this morning was that it did sound like a big relay. Too bad they couldn't dampen that click sound, since it's a bit startling at first.

Mark
Q50 Premium AWD w/Tech
Graphite Black

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ive never heard it. Nor do I know what would cause it

·
Registered
118 Posts
Exactly...its a relay. I heard it on my Q50 loaner I had a month ago. A lot of high drain acc sound like that. Sometimes rear window defoggers do it to. I can hear the rear window defog in my G37 albeit its not too loud.

I actually kind of like the click. It's like "I'm ON".

Some cars even have loud relays on wipers.....its not an issue when the wiper is "ON" but think how annoying it is on intermittent.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I just used it for the first time today. If I hadn't read about the click this morning, I don't think I would have noticed it. It was barely discernible, much softer than what I hear when I turn my TVs on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.