Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have 2015 Q50 premium with 122k miles. Last week steering wheel started to feel softer than usual. I took it to mechanic they checked suspension and said everything looked fine.wheel alignment done and everything in spec. Tires are michelin ps4s at 12k miles. There is no noise from suspension. I need to make more correction on steering wheel on rough wavy roads more than usual. If I let steering
wheel free before stop it pulls left or right quickly.

anyone had that issue??

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
This? Some tire/suspension combos are more susceptible to tramlining than others. My wife's old '98 SLK230 (R170) with Khumo tires would try to rip the wheel from your hands if the road was undulating enough. The Conti DWs were better behaved.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,477 Posts
How wide are the Michelins? Is this happening on the same roads you drive every day and is indeed a new phenomenon, or some other road that brought it to your attention and may be a fault of the road surface rather than the tires? If a commonly used road, has anything been done to it recently such as repaving, rain grooves cut, etc?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This? Some tire/suspension combos are more susceptible to tramlining than others. My wife's old '98 SLK230 (R170) with Khumo tires would try to rip the wheel from your hands if the road was undulating enough. The Conti DWs were better behaved.

I dont think it is tire issue. Since it wasnt doing last 12k miles since i replaced the tires. And no repairs done to my car recently. Feels like car wants to go to right or to left and I need to turn steering wheel opposite direction about 25-30 degrees

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How wide are the Michelins? Is this happening on the same roads you drive every day and is indeed a new phenomenon, or some other road that brought it to your attention and may be a fault of the road surface rather than the tires? If a commonly used road, has anything been done to it recently such as repaving, rain grooves cut, etc?
tires are 245/45/18. Doing that on same roads I drive everyday. Some roads worse some roads better but on smooth road no problem it goes straight and when I brake It slows down straight no pull.

i think these tires wearing down, and they started tramlining more than before and I just started feeling more

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
858 Posts
AWD or RWD? With AWD the wear after 12k miles could be a point. Even with RWD I have to change tires at around 15k miles...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AWD or RWD? With AWD the wear after 12k miles could be a point. Even with RWD I have to change tires at around 15k miles...
AWD. Isn’t it too soon to change tires with that mileage you think?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,477 Posts
AWD. Isn’t it too soon to change tires with that mileage you think?
I know I'd be disappointed to have to get new tires again after 12,000 miles, but there are some super sticky summer only performance tires that don't go too much longer than that. How is the wear across the face of the tread, consistent from one edge to the other? Any cupping?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I'd be disappointed to have to get new tires again after 12,000 miles, but there are some super sticky summer only performance tires that don't go too much longer than that. How is the wear across the face of the tread, consistent from one edge to the other? Any cupping?
no cupping. Tires looking really good with 6/32 tread all around.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
858 Posts
If the tires are okay there's no need to change – but you should have it in mind that with every mile added driving can get a little worse...

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
The wife's SLK came with some crappy UHP Pirelli tires. The rears wore out after only 8K miles. Of course she has these occasional muscle spasms in her right ankle but still. The Michelin Pilot Super Sports look like they may last almost twice as long. A better tire in every respect.

Reactions: Pillboy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts