Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been over 4 months since I pre-ordered in May and I still have not taken delivery of the car. I've spoken to Infiniti Customer relations numerous times and all they can tell me right now is that it's on a truck on it's way up to the Seattle area. The ETA is "week of 9/13" whatever that means.

It's funny how, in this day and age, I can track the exact location and delivery date of a $3 item I buy from Amazon, but Infiniti has no clue where a $50K car is.

I called my dealer yesterday to find out if they knew more about the supposed truck that's "on its way" but they said their system was being rebooted and they'd call me back. Surprise, surprise, they did not call me back (I called them at 11am). Seems like they're not that interested in selling me this preorder.

Anyway, I don't suppose it's unreasonable to give them till the end of this week before bailing on the whole thing. It's been a long, long road of "one more week" that I am sick and tired of.

Anyone have any advice on what next?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
You need to tell Consumer Affairs that you are prepared to cancel your order and buy another brand, unless they can offer you something to right the wrong of making you wait so long. Trust me, they'll give you something, whether it be $300 gift card, a sweet deal on the Q50, or something else...All you have to do is ask.

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Registered
407 Posts
How long does it usually take to get your Q50 from the time of ordering it till it gets delivered? 4 months seems like a long time but this is sometimes the case when ordering cars.

·
Registered
325 Posts
How long does it usually take to get your Q50 from the time of ordering it till it gets delivered? 4 months seems like a long time but this is sometimes the case when ordering cars.
60 90 days is norm.. but with pre ordering a car its completely different..

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
You should request VIN from your dealer or infiniti consumer affairs.
You are not the only one in this situation, mine is at LA port and I have the vin but Infiniti is releasing the cars to dealers after latest software update, my dealer has 20 plus in his lot but not one I preordered and I am being patient as I know I got leaverage with dealer & Infiniti. Had them replace my fx dash the second time at no charge and got Q50 as loaner.
Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
You should request VIN from your dealer or infiniti consumer affairs.
You are not the only one in this situation, mine is at LA port and I have the vin but Infiniti is releasing the cars to dealers after latest software update, my dealer has 20 plus in his lot but not one I preordered and I am being patient as I know I got leaverage with dealer & Infiniti. Had them replace my fx dash the second time at no charge and got Q50 as loaner.
Good luck to you.
How long has yours been at the LA port?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have my vin, and Infiniti has already given me 3 years of free maintenance and when I complained more recently, they said they would do more.

but its a bit ridiculous how long its taking, plus the uncertainty with respect to delivery which seems unusual.

I will be patient, but its been long enough.

·
Registered
146 Posts
How unique of a configuration? Surely there is one out there somewhere. Hop a plane if you have to... It's a nice drive home :)

Either way, hang in there. It can't be much longer now. This forum doesn't necessarily help matters when you see people enjoying theirs :). Stay strong, it's coming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have my vin, and Infiniti has already given me 3 years of free maintenance and when I complained more recently, they said they would do more.

but its a bit ridiculous how long its taking, plus the uncertainty with respect to delivery which seems unusual.

I will be patient, but its been long enough.

Man, I understand & agree 100% but three yrs maintenance is worth your wait isn't it? I rather take the Q50 with no bugs or least glitches and wait extra few weeks. Everyone's patience is different plus depends on their need to have a car to drive. Certain issues are out of control in every new product and Infiniti is financially compensating us the customers for their poor delivery performance & expectations.
;)FYI: I was joking with parts people at the dealer and they said I could have had my Q50 if i ordered through them but it would have cost me 4 times.:p

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Go to another dealers. I did just that and I had been driving my Q50S Hybrid almost a month now :) Oh, the Q50 hybrid is awesome and don't even considering going to a different brand, trust me you will regret if you do :D

Anyone have any advice on what next?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So yeah, just got the call from my dealer that *finally* the car is expected on Tuesday. It'll take them the day to prep it for me, so I can pick up on Wednesday. I know it's not the dealer's fault that the car took so long, but I would have appreciated more communication with me to get me a better ETA.

In any case, I have a few days to prepare my trade-in and get my paperwork in order. I'll deal with Infiniti Corporate as far as the freebies go for my troubles.

Hopefully this car will have been worth the wait! :)

Reactions: tt_45

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
So yeah, just got the call from my dealer that *finally* the car is expected on Tuesday. It'll take them the day to prep it for me, so I can pick up on Wednesday. I know it's not the dealer's fault that the car took so long, but I would have appreciated more communication with me to get me a better ETA.

In any case, I have a few days to prepare my trade-in and get my paperwork in order. I'll deal with Infiniti Corporate as far as the freebies go for my troubles.

Hopefully this car will have been worth the wait! :)
Patience always pays dividends. Enjoy your new ride and I bet you will love it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: Still have not taken delivery. It's apparently on a truck somewhere but the dealer has, as of now, been unable to locate exactly which truck. But it's on the way.

In the meantime, I did take an extended test drive (got to take it on my own for an afternoon) of a pretty much exact copy of my car minus the color and was suitably impressed. I had already test driven an AWD hybrid sport, but wanted to try the premium since it is different enough from the sport.

Bottom line: I really like the car. Not much was noticeably different from the sport. Maybe the handling was a bit toned down, but otherwise, I really like the hybrid and was more than satisfied with the acceleration.

I finally got a chance to try out the intelligent cruise and related features and I'm very pleased with those. The fact that I did not want to give the car back was reassurance enough that this is going to work out.

On the negative side, the inTouch really is laggy and I wish it was more responsive, but I expect that will improve over time. It's never going to be like a modern smartphone, but I guess that's something we have to live with.

So, with any luck the car will arrive tomorrow or Friday and I can take it home for the weekend. But I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
? Here! Are they keeping the cars at port because of the update? My car has been at the LA port for 2 weeks now. I was supposed to take delivery of the vehicle this week but they said it probably won't be until second week of October!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Hopefully this update will come out soon. I still find it weird that they're holding cars back for the next update when we already have cars with the current software on the road. Yeah it has its issues, but its still functional and works well when it doesn't freeze. The car itself drives great as well. I miss my Q50S when I take it in to the dealership for diagnostics and using a G loaner. I would be really pissed if i had to wait this long for my car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just posted another message to the Infiniti Facebook page. They're already giving me an additional 2 years of free maintenance. I feel like I should ask for even more. This wait has been inexcusable.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just posted another message to the Infiniti Facebook page. They're already giving me an additional 2 years of free maintenance. I feel like I should ask for even more. This wait has been inexcusable.
You should just tell them that you will get the car if they extend the free maintenance or you'll just buy another car from another brand.

There's no reason why it should take this long.
At least they gave you something for now, 2 years free maintenance is good!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Infiniti is usually good at working stuff out with the customer. They were very patient and understanding when I dealt with them regarding my car. They always willing to please the customer. When I had issues with mine, the engineer and my dealership setup an appointment the next day to take a look at my car and the inTouch issues and they were quick to fix some of the issues and address the others. You should definitely contact them again and see if they can work something out with you for the wait.

I must say that Infiniti Customer Affairs changed my attitude towards the issues I had with the car. (Changed for the better)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.