41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,837 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stillens says is a “specially designed muffler” but when you look inside of the part, its a resonator, there are no chambers to muffle sound its a free flow resonator close to the tail pipes.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,837 Posts
Stillens says is a “specially designed muffler” but when you look inside of the part, its a resonator, there are no chambers to muffle sound its a free flow resonator close to the tail pipes.
I would call them mufflers but, regardless, I would recommend you leave those alone and add one long or two short resonators to the mid-pipe. I added one short one with room for a second, if needed. When I changed my MR LDPs to resonated HKS LDPs, my drone went from a D to a D+, barely helped. When I added one resonator to the mid-pipe, it went from a D+ to a B. I am hoping with one more resonator, I'll get my A. The shop told me two short ones are better than one long one but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar XE, had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,599 Posts
I would call them mufflers but, regardless, I would recommend you leave those alone and add one long or two short resonators to the mid-pipe. I added one short one with room for a second, if needed. When I changed my MR LDPs to resonated HKS LDPs, my drone went from a D to a D+, barely helped. When I added one resonator to the mid-pipe, it went from a D+ to a B. I am hoping with one more resonator, I'll get my A. The shop told me two short ones are better than one long one but I don't know for sure.
Hey Tater if you were closer to me, I would give you my resonators.

Reactions: ptatohed
41 - 44 of 44 Posts