Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures I took of my managers Q50S Hybrid after it had the Stillen front splitter a rear upper spoiler installed. More parts to come...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
very nice, is the grill window trim and the rear arches all blacked out via plastidip?

also what was used to black out the headlight's amber colored side markers?

Reactions: mattreading22

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The grill is the accessory grill that is painted black. The chrome trim is all wrapped in black brushed aluminum, done by our guy that does custom wraps. The headlights and taillights have been spray tinted and the corners are tinted as well. Any tint shop will be able to do this.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I love the all blacked out look, considering getting it done to mine as well, but i'll be looking at upwards of 400+ to wrap up the grill chrome trim, window trim, and the rear arches, which to me isnt worth it at all (half the price of a set of coilovers). Might end up plastidipping to try it out :confused:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I would honestly suggest doing it outside of the dealership. There are a bunch of places that will do it for about half the price as the dealership. Plastidip would work and is very easy to take off if you do not like it. I would check out craigslist for places that do full body wraps and work them down to get you a deal.
yeah i never considered dealership wrapping as a choice anyways as i didnt know they provide that service, im pretty sure they just outsource someone to do it anyways. i talked to custom wrapping places, for the windows it was $180 per side.. and the front and back was going to be about $50 each, might just experiment with plastidip, if i really dont like the texture of it then i'll suck it up and get it wrapped, after im lowered of course :D

Reactions: mattreading22

·
Registered
573 Posts
I love the all blacked out look, considering getting it done to mine as well, but i'll be looking at upwards of 400+ to wrap up the grill chrome trim, window trim, and the rear arches, which to me isnt worth it at all (half the price of a set of coilovers). Might end up plastidipping to try it out :confused:
Dip it, I am...half way done, just window trim and front grill surround left.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Woa, didnt know you were dipping yours ! Pics ?!?! :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Woa, didnt know you were dipping yours ! Pics ?!?! :D
I'll update pics when done, likely next weekend. :) I have been looking at all the M37 and G37 sedan OB modified cars I can to get a feel for my next mods.

Would love to see this car with a drop and blacked out Q50S and the Infiniti lettering on the rear chrome finisher.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
are you plastidipping over the already painted rear arches of yours?

for m37s, gotta love da mayor's ride :cool:, check out his blacked out grill !

·
Registered
573 Posts
are you plastidipping over the already painted rear arches of yours?

for m37s, gotta love da mayor's ride :cool:, check out his blacked out grill !

Yep, dipped over it to match the rest of the car. I am definitely familiar with da mayor's ride. So clean.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Looking good bro! Nicely done! :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is that rear wing the OEM infiniti one or is that STILLENs?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Wow. Looks really nice.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I'd like to see how this comes out. I was looking into wrapping or plastidipping the rear arches as well. Possibly even the front arches.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.