Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am pleased to announce the official release of the STILLEN CARB Legal Q50 Gen 2 Intakes!

Thank you all for being patient. I know everyone has been asking for Intakes since we released the exhaust. Well, the wait is over!

Current Price: $522.38

The STILLEN Q50 Generation 2 Intakes will fit both the Sport and Premium (Q50S & Q50) RWD and AWD Models.
The STILLEN Intakes do not fit the Hybrid Models

Please call, email, or PM me directly (Mark) to place your orders :)
714.540.5566 x140 | 800.576.2131 x140 | [email protected]

*Because I know some of you will ask...

FAQ:
Q - What are the intake boxes made of?
A - The boxes are made of Urethane.

Q - Do the intake pipes come in other finishes?
A - No, the intake pipes only come polished.

Q - How much horsepower and torque do they make?
A - We have not had a chance to dyno test the intakes yet.

Q - How much is shipping?
A - Freight is covered for the lower 48 States (with $9.95 I&H). Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada contact me for a quote.

Q - Do I have to pay sales tax?
A - Sales Tax only applies to customers in California and Canada.

Q - How good do they look in person?
A - They look great ;)

Q - How is the fitment?
A - OEM Quality & Fitment :)

Q - Will this fit my Q50?
A - See the fitment list in the description.

Q - Are the Intakes Smog Legal
A - They are CARB Approved and 50 State Smog Legal.

Q - Will these void my warranty?
A - No, these will not void your factory warranty (unless you damage something upon install).

Q - Will these intake be useless if I put a STILLEN Supercharger on later?
A - Yes, the STILLEN Superchargers use their own intake piping.

*Special thanks to ktsg21 & Rockmando for bringing in their cars for this Test Fitting!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Q - Will these intake be useless if I put a STILLEN Supercharger on later?
A - Yes, the STILLEN Superchargers use their own intake piping.
Does this mean there's going to be an SC in the works for the Q? :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice nice! Those look clean! Did u guys get to dyno?

·
Registered
263 Posts
sweet!! do people that own the cat back exhaust get a better discount? :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
nicely done!! love them!

Reactions: Team_STILLEN

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Still waiting on numbers for the exhaust, by the way. Now, I would prefer to do both at the same time, but would the Q need a tune? I ask because I am sincerely looking to buy these this summer. I have been catching about 20 hours a week of overtime and will continue that for the next 6-12 months. Many bills being paid off means some room for a few mods, and these would be the first, but only if they offer a legitimate improvement.

As an aside, I am looking to have the car completely paid off in a year... meaning a supercharger kit would not be out of the question. That is dependent on the full Eau Rouge specs.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssss

btw are the gen2s cai or short ram?
The intakes utilize the factory cold air duct that runs over the radiator. They enlarge the air boxes, utilize K&N Cone Filters, remove the resonators, and smooth out the intake pipes.

We actually debated on what to call the intakes. I would not call them short ram, but true cold air intake would be a stretch.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Them's purdy.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still waiting on numbers for the exhaust, by the way. Now, I would prefer to do both at the same time, but would the Q need a tune? I ask because I am sincerely looking to buy these this summer. I have been catching about 20 hours a week of overtime and will continue that for the next 6-12 months. Many bills being paid off means some room for a few mods, and these would be the first, but only if they offer a legitimate improvement.

As an aside, I am looking to have the car completely paid off in a year... meaning a supercharger kit would not be out of the question. That is dependent on the full Eau Rouge specs.
I am pushing to have the intakes dyno'd in the next two weeks but I don't know if they will do it or not. The sound from the intakes is always a big selling point but not on the same level as the exhaust so I think dyno sheets will be important even if they aren't mind blowing.

I don't know if we will ever re-dyno the exhaust. It showed a solid 4-6 whp gain accross the entire power band. Nothing to write home about so we didn't save the dyno. Most people pick it up for the sound improvement and the little power bump is a perk. Though with a SC it will help more :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have reported your post. Taunting Q50 owners is shameful, sir.

In all honesty, for the money I think I would rather just go with the supercharger if it is out within the year. I did all of the N.A. work on my Z, but I dont want the "tuner" car. A comfortable Q Sport with a supercharger and an exhaust note that wont wake the baby is the perfect setup for my needs and/or desires. I dont track my car, there are no canyon runs in Eastern Pennsylvania, and my average speed due to the ridiculous Lehigh Valley traffic is about 17 miles per blood red hour.

None of you had better tell my wife. She wants a bigger house and another baby.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have reported your post. Taunting Q50 owners is shameful, sir.

In all honesty, for the money I think I would rather just go with the supercharger if it is out within the year. I did all of the N.A. work on my Z, but I dont want the "tuner" car. A comfortable Q Sport with a supercharger and an exhaust note that wont wake the baby is the perfect setup for my needs and/or desires. I dont track my car, there are no canyon runs in Eastern Pennsylvania, and my average speed due to the ridiculous Lehigh Valley traffic is about 17 miles per blood red hour.

None of you had better tell my wife. She wants a bigger house and another baby.
LOL...I will try not to taunt too much.

The exhaust is still pretty quiet inside and our superchargers don't make a lot of excess noise...just Moar Power ;)

You're secret is safe with us :D

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
^^ Can't wait for this

1 - 20 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.