Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Would you like STILLEN to make a Q50 Rear Diffuser?

• Yes, I would definitely buy that! (If it looked good)

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • Probably, but I'm on the fence till I see pictures of a final product.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Slightly interested depending on how it looked, but I most likely would never buy it.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No, the rear bumper doesn't need a Diffuser.

Votes: 2 2.9%
1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We at STILLEN have been discussing the development of a Q50 Rear Diffuser. With the input and support of the Q50 community, we feel like this could be a very successful product.

This poll is to gauge interest and also receive some input as to what you would like the Q50 Diffuser to look like if we do decide to develop one (We cannot guarantee it will look like any of the suggestions though). This part (if we decide to move forward with it) would fit both the Premium and Sport Models (3.7 & Hybrid). Cast your vote and post some pictures of what you would like the Diffuser to look like (within reason). This is not a promise to make the part, but we are interested in developing one if we feel like we can make something we are proud to attach the STILLEN name to.

We cannot give a price estimate at this time, but it would cost at least as much as the STILLEN Maxima Rear Diffuser. The part would be made of Poly-Urethane and we would conduct another poll to see if people wanted a matte black painted option or just unfinished poly-urethane that can be easily prepped and painted.

Note: Please realize that a styling Diffuser will not be very functional aerodynamically so don't expect it to make the car faster.

Please thank your fellow forum members for helping move this along and driving interest.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i think maybe something like this would look great

or

but for that one looks like modification of factory bumper is required to fit the quad tips, but the general shape and design of it looks great

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have never had a rear diffuser, so I do not have that much knowledge on the subject, but for the people leasing on the forums, will it require any permanent modifications to our cars?

If it didnt i would definitely buy it! I would prefer to be able to paint it in the color of my choice though so an unfinished poly-urethane would be what i would want. Something aggressive please!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
First of all, thanks Mark for putting up this poll for us!

My suggestion is:

And i will definitely pick this up as soon as it becomes available! :D

I have never had a rear diffuser, so I do not have that much knowledge on the subject, but for the people leasing on the forums, will it require any permanent modifications to our cars?

If it didnt i would definitely buy it! I would prefer to be able to paint it in the color of my choice though so an unfinished poly-urethane would be what i would want. Something aggressive please!
You should be able to use double sided tape to mount this so it shouldnt damage you car!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The layla build ;) beautiful. i think thats the same diffuser as the g37 badged as skyline, just in carbon fiber, which is what i would want, contrasts with the black paint better.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
The layla build ;) beautiful. i think thats the same diffuser as the g37 badged as skyline, just in carbon fiber, which is what i would want, contrasts with the black paint better.
Definitely! Cf works well with black so that the diffuser would still pop and not just blend with the car!

I like the look but maybe have it contour with the grooves of the bumper! This might look too rectangular!

I also have this rendering:

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the great responses so far guys!

We would make the diffuser mount with 3M tape so there would be no permanent modifications to your car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
While I love the aggressive look of that diffuser pictured on the G37 in post #5 I think something a bit more subtle as gbert photoshopped is the way to go! Just my personal preference... This is much needed to give the appearance of beefier rear end on the Q . The rear is the only lacking part of the Q's body.

·
Registered
574 Posts
carbon fiber is the way to go~~~ just saying.. LOL ;)

Reactions: tempest24

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
It shouldn't be too aggressive but still maintain the function of the diffuser.

Something like what I sketched below. The strakes should be on the thin side and not too many of them.

I even added Stillen's spoiler.

View attachment 13026
Nice rendering bro! Sadly it does confirm that the blacl spoiler with the rear diffuser wont do it for me because of those trims surrounding the license plate! Might have to color match then!

Can u make photoshop with the roof spoiler? One with the spoiler and the other one without it! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice rendering bro! Sadly it does confirm that the blacl spoiler with the rear diffuser wont do it for me because of those trims surrounding the license plate! Might have to color match then!

Can u make photoshop with the roof spoiler? One with the spoiler and the other one without it! Thanks! :)
Like this?

Roof spoiler added
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive design

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

I'm with you on that one gbert! Still deciding how I want to address the rear. I'm thinking high gloss vinyl black roof / matching black roof wing. But not sure if I want to do black trunk spoiler with blackened upper chrome trim and possibly color matched paint lower chrome trim. Won't have to worry about rock chips with that being on the back of the car. Plus black rear diffuser (once available).

I may also add a tint to the rear tails. Probably in the 35% range to match the tints. I'm not 100% sure with the tails either.. I have a lot of trial and error to do! However I probably won't address much of the rear end until I can lower the car.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I'm with you on that one gbert! Still deciding how I want to address the rear. I'm thinking high gloss vinyl black roof / matching black roof wing. But not sure if I want to do black trunk spoiler with blackened upper chrome trim and possibly color matched paint lower chrome trim. Won't have to worry about rock chips with that being on the back of the car. Plus black rear diffuser (once available).

I may also add a tint to the rear tails. Probably in the 35% range to match the tints. I'm not 100% sure with the tails either.. I have a lot of trial and error to do! However I probably won't address much of the rear end until I can lower the car.
Dang! That's a lot! Basically, on my end, I am set on getting a rear diffuser and front splitter to match! Still torn on the trunk spoiler but what I am sure is black wont work for me because of those chrome trims! So my options are leave it like that, color match, or mold the spoiler to the trunk to make it different but it will be a hassle to do though!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dang! That's a lot! Basically, on my end, I am set on getting a rear diffuser and front splitter to match! Still torn on the trunk spoiler but what I am sure is black wont work for me because of those chrome trims! So my options are leave it like that, color match, or mold the spoiler to the trunk to make it different but it will be a hassle to do though!
I'm on the same boat as you are. I was thinking about wrapping the spoiler and below it to the upper trim then painting the lower trim.

Like this and a different diffuser.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Trunk

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I'm on the same boat as you are. I was thinking about wrapping the spoiler and below it to the upper trim then painting the lower trim.

Like this and a different diffuser.

View attachment 13058
I dont think we can remove the lower chrome trim though without leaving a hole! And if u do takenit out it seems like it will leave a groove and look like somethings missing!

We'll have to see!

Btw, nice photoshop skills man! Those are cleanly done! :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
1 - 20 of 355 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.